Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vistakon Jobs

• 29-06-2018 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi folks. I see Vistakon are advertising for Process Technicians as well as a number of other jobs. Can anyone shed light on what level of skill I would need to work here in terms of background experience? I have a Level 8 degree but it wouldn't be electrical/mechanical based per se. Or would they train me in everything I would be doing? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

They only give short contracts so the dont have to contribute to your pension in one door & out the other . then either resign you or get someone else that is why you see them listing jobs every month. good luck to them if they can get away with it.

homingbird wrote: »
    They only give short contracts so the dont have to contribute to your pension in one door & out the other . then either resign you or get someone else that is why you see them listing jobs every month. good luck to them if they can get away with it.

Unless you manage to get in directly and not via contactor. Different story then.

You'll need an electrical or mechanical background OP. Both preferably.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭SeanElec1

Ed, I joined in February, still there. It is a busy place, with a challenging shift pattern but I'm enjoying it. You will get job related training. It's not for everyone but if you are mechanically minded it's quite interesting. I would say that if you are un-employed or under employed give it a shot. It can happen is that you do n't like it, and move on after a few years, with a bit of experience under your belt.

Advertisement