Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible scam

Options
  • 29-06-2018 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Mum received a call today from Eir technical support and it sounds a bit dubious to me. I'm wondering if there's a way to confirm if the call is genuine or not?  I imagine calling on Monday to check if a call was made is what to do but I'm wondering if there's anything we can do in the mean time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

If you call care, and give them timestamp and number who called they can validate whenever it was Eir.

What did they want? Did they ask "to confirm that you are account holder, please answer few security questions". Because if they did, that is a common scam to get personal information over the phone.

I once received a call like that from "support". Agent asked for an answer to a security question to prove I'm account holder. I gave it, and asked is it correct. Agent said yes its all good. I said well it shouldn't because I gave made up answers. He paused and hang up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Stellaluna wrote: »
    Mum received a call today from Eir technical support and it sounds a bit dubious to me. I'm wondering if there's a way to confirm if the call is genuine or not?  I imagine calling on Monday to check if a call was made is what to do but I'm wondering if there's anything we can do in the mean time?
    Hi Stellaluna ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you if you are named as having access to this account. If not, the account holder will need to get in contact with us.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Stellaluna

Thanks for the reply Thomas, she called customer care today and it’s been sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Stellaluna wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Thomas, she called customer care today and it’s been sorted.
    No problem at all, I'm glad to hear this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement