Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fastest way to fill a back garden pool

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Draining away nicely think I’ll go inside. Don’t want to get my feet wet.

That's one of the scariest images I've ever seen on the Internet.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It’s patio I’ll drag it over a bit before I fill it today.

Have ye no grass? You'd want a soft base for that, having it on the patio and someone jumps in or whacks off the bottom it'll be really sore if it's on the patio.

Also, if you're filling it off the tank, have you considered what'll happen if they reduce the pressure and you can't flush the jacks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You should really only take your kitchen tap and tank off the mains. What you describe is fairly common but not great plumbing practice. If everybody ran their outside tap at once the mains pressure would drop to nothing. That’s why a lot of people think their pressure is dropping, It’s actually half of Dublin filling their pools off the mains.

Off course its wrong, but not much worse than filling a great big swimming pool during a water shortage, regardless of where the water is taken from.
    You can always remove the tap after you're finished with the pool if you were that bothered about it.
    Still a ridiculous waste of water given the countries water situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Toots wrote: »
    Have ye no grass? You'd want a soft base for that, having it on the patio and someone jumps in or whacks off the bottom it'll be really sore if it's on the patio.

Also, if you're filling it off the tank, have you considered what'll happen if they reduce the pressure and you can't flush the jacks?

I recently cleared the back garden it was a Forrest a few weeks ago. The house is a work in progress but I can’t cancel summer for the kids because the back garden is a bit messy. I’ll spend most of the day loading another skip in the front garden while the kids and wife sit out in the sun. Tomorrow I’m putting wood flooring in the kitchen. (I want tiles but the boss wants wood) I’ll probably get a weekend off then she wants the bathroom done.

The hotel I’m building at the moment has a tank nearly the size of a shipping container in it. I wonder would it be feasible to put one of these out the back. The ball on the ball cock is about the size of a basketball. You’d need a filter and cover though. It’d take a week to fill it off an attic tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Hire one of these for about .75 of a second :D:D

ch-47-water-drop.web.jpg.scale.medium.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The hotel I’m building at the moment has a tank nearly the size of a shipping container in it. I wonder would it be feasible to put one of these out the back. The ball on the ball cock is about the size of a basketball. You’d need a filter and cover though. It’d take a week to fill it off an attic tank.

You wouldn't get much pressure from it out in the back garden tho..

mloc123 wrote: »
    You wouldn't get much pressure from it out in the back garden tho..

Haha it’d need a pump to get it to the upstairs toilet.
    I meant for swimming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Plumber opens thread asking for advise on quickest way to fill a pool.....

What next?

A brain surgeon asking for advise on performing a labotomy :pac:

• Advertisement

Irish water are asking my neighbour to tell on me. I should probably knock in and tell them they better ruddy not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blackbox

Plumber opens thread asking for advise on quickest way to fill a pool.....

What next?

A brain surgeon asking for advise on performing a labotomy on himself:pac:

Fixed your post...

PS: it seems like he's completed one on the plumber!

blackbox wrote: »
    Fixed your post...

PS: it seems like he's completed one on the plumber!

I’ll complete one on the neighbour if he tries to get me a 125e fine by ringing Irish water on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I’ll complete one on the neighbour if he tries to get me a 125e fine by ringing Irish water on me.

Be grand, the hose pipe ban isn't until Monday, so tear away horse.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Take a bucket into work on Monday ...

Take a bucket into work on Monday ...

If I did they’d call me the man from Nantucket and make fun of me all day.

There was a man from Nantucket
    Who came into work with a bucket
    The hose pipe ban
    From the Irish water man
    Made him get water in ways that were crook it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What next?

A brain surgeon asking for advise on performing a labotomy :pac:

I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

/2c

Advertisement