Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterville In Kerry

• 29-06-2018 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi has anyone been to Waterville in Kerry looking for some information on what to do and where to go and general information about the place any comments would be greatfully excepted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Waterville is not much more than a one street village with a few shops and restaurants, pubs etc

It also has a prominade, but the shoreline is rocky, stoney.

It has two "exclusive" golf clubs.
    Waterville which is well established and the newly renovated Hogg's Head.

It's close to Derrynane beach and Derrynane House and Gardens, ancestorial home of Daniel O'Connell.

You can also get boat trips to The Skelligs from nearby Renard or Derrynane.

It's a decent base for exploring the area but there is feck all in the village otself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Look into somewhere like Ballinskelligs. Beautiful beach, nice cafe, pub and chip van. Not much else needed once the weather is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Much nicer spots down that way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

wow, lots of negative comments about Waterville.

I like Waterville. Been going there for summer holidays for a few years now - going again this July.

I'm not a golfer but i believe the course is one of the best links courses in the country.

There's good game angling in the lakes and rivers (though the seatrout have been scarce lately). There is good sea shore angling at Ballinskelligs, which is only ten minutes' drive away.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

There are four or five very good restaurants, plus a chipper.

The beach at the golf links is very nice for walking and swimming.

There are loads of holiday homes for rent, but you might find it difficult to get one at this stage. Two good hotels, many BandB's and guesthouses.

PM me if you need any further information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Ehh not a single "negative" comment. Waterville is lovely and would make a good base but there are better places down there to stay that wouldn't require hopping into the car for the beach etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Ehh not a single "negative" comment. Waterville is lovely and would make a good base but there are better places down there to stay that wouldn't require hopping into the car for the beach etc.

Exactly
    Waterville is great as a base but as a destination in itself there are better.

Advertisement