Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something that happened while on day of work getting put in performance log

Options
  • 29-06-2018 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So without giving much information away, I work in the service industry and recently had my annual review with the senior manager.

During this review it was put to the I refused to cover another member of staff's break.

The incident apparently happened while I was on a day off from work and nipped in to pick up something. While there the shift manager asked me to cover a member of staff's break and I said no because I was not hanging around. I stayed on for another few minutes talking to a colleague.

The shift manager then told the senior manager and said they would be adding it to my performance log in due course.

My question is have they got any right to bring up this and try to add it into my performance log when I wasn't rostered to be shift at the time and had no uniform with me?

I'm furious about it as I don't believe what happens on my free time on a day off from would should be brought into my work performance.

Advertisement