Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap gaming pc help needed.

Options
  • 29-06-2018 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a cheap pc to play a farming sim game.
    Min requirements are

Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
    2.0 GHz Intel or equivalent AMD dual-core processor
    Nvidia Geforce GTS 450, AMD Radeon HD 6770 graphics card or better (min 1GB VRAM, DX11 support)
    2 GB RAM
    6 GB free hard drive space
    Soundcard
    DVD-ROM Drive.

Obviously those are the basics needed but I would like something more powerful to make sure it runs smoothly.
    Just looking for something cheap and cheerful..
    Second hand would be ideal.
    Any recommendations or links?
    I'm not up on pc's so something ready to go would be ideal..

Thanks in advance

(I have read the faq but I'm new to pc so kinda got lost!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Alpha8

Have you got a budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Alpha8 wrote: »
    Have you got a budget?

Sorry thought I had it up.
    Max 450 for just the pc. Don't need a screen or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

If you want to spend the budget this is a seriously good deal for a modern, fully upgradable and brand new machine with warranty.

But for what you want to actually do, you'd pick up a 2nd hand PC that'd run it at high/highest settings for €200.

If you want to spend the budget this is a seriously good deal for a modern, fully upgradable and brand new machine with warranty.

But for what you want to actually do, you'd pick up a 2nd hand PC that'd run it at high/highest settings for €200.

The cheaper the better. It's not something that will be used a whole pile. Maybe an hour or 2 every evening.
    Any links to anything for around the 200 mark??

• Advertisement

2nd hand is tricky when you don't know much about PC's as person A could be selling a solid PC for €200 while person B could be selling a pile of garbage for €500.

Don't have time to trawl through Adverts but something like this is an example at €169, would run that game at high effortlessly.

2nd hand is tricky when you don't know much about PC's as person A could be selling a solid PC for €200 while person B could be selling a pile of garbage for €500.

Don't have time to trawl through Adverts but something like this is an example at €169, would run that game at high effortlessly.

Yup I have been looking on adverts and donedeal but not really sure what I'm looking at ha.
    Thanks for your time and help. Appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

That Lenovo is actually a pretty good bang-for-buck buy especially if you are new to PC gaming.
    It has modern specs, i3 7100 CPU, USB 3.0,Wifi & Bluetooth, and the GPU is an Nvidia 1050ti which would cost €170+ to buy anyway.

Review here of higher spec model but the i3 model will be very similar;

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/lenovo-legion-y520-tower,review-5195.html

Any opinions on this?

http://www.adverts.ie/15720508

Not bad, CPU is old but for the sort of game you're talking about, fine. Graphics card is still OK and similarly, good for the sort of games you're talking about.

It's pretty upgradable in general though, so nothing to worry about.

I'd say no harm throwing in an offer of 200 and see where the land lies.

The one I linked earlier for €169 is much better in general - considerably better CPU, graphics card is about the same (but uses less power/is newer), but it's €100 cheaper!

You won't get a better deal anywhere for that one for €169. That's an insanely good price and I can't understand how he hasn't been able to sell it. It'd still run all the latest demanding games reasonably OK in most cases.

• Advertisement

sean1141 wrote: »
    Any opinions on this?

That's a decent machine, the GPU (HD 7850) is a good bit more powerful than the 750 Ti you usually see at this price range.
    I'd try to haggle it down to €200-230.

Not bad, CPU is old but for the sort of game you're talking about, fine. Graphics card is still OK and similarly, good for the sort of games you're talking about.

It's pretty upgradable in general though, so nothing to worry about.

I'd say no harm throwing in an offer of 200 and see where the land lies.

The one I linked earlier for €169 is much better in general - considerably better CPU, graphics card is about the same (but uses less power/is newer), but it's €100 cheaper!

You won't get a better deal anywhere for that one for €169. That's an insanely good price and I can't understand how he hasn't been able to sell it. It'd still run all the latest demanding games reasonably OK in most cases.

I have contacted that guy with the one for 169 but haven't heard back. Add is a few months old so allowing it's sold.

I have contacted that guy with the one for 169 but haven't heard back. Add is a few months old so allowing it's sold.

And it has been removed

Any opinions on this?

Been in contact with this seller. Lowest they will go is 250 but will include a faster 160gb drive for the os??

Been in contact with this seller. Lowest they will go is 250 but will include a faster 160gb drive for the os??

I'd take it.

Advertisement