Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC Upgrade

Options
  • 29-06-2018 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Built a budget gaming PC a few years ago, has been working fine but getting more into X-Plane etc.. and think its time to upgrade as the frames aren't great.

I was told that X-Plane is more CPU intensive than GPU.

My current PC:

* Intel Core i3 4170 @ 3.4Ghz
    * MSI GTX 950
    * 8GB Ram
    * MSI H81M-E34
    * Windows 10

I went overkill and put liquid cooling in it for the future upgrade, so that might come in handy if needed.

Willing to spend around 500 ish if possible but if more money is needed that's fine, even if that got me a GPU and CPU and I could stick in another 8GB ram later on.

I could also throw the old CPU and GPU into CeX or up on Adverts/Donedeal to offset more money towards it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Both are very important. Upgrade to an i7-4770/4790 2nd hand, then get a new GTX1060 6GB.

Probably get about €50 for the i3 and €70-80 for the GTX950.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Both are very important. Upgrade to an i7-4770/4790 2nd hand, then get a new GTX1060 6GB.

Probably get about €50 for the i3 and €70-80 for the GTX950.

Thanks a mill for the reply, sorry for the late thanks, this thread went off my first few pages or unread's.

I picked up an i7 second hand so will go ahead and get the 6GB GTX 1060.

Thanks again for the help.

Advertisement