Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First campervan holiday

Options
  • 30-06-2018 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

:eek:
    We embark on our first ever campervan holiday next week. I've hired a campervan for one week and we are thinking of heading south to Dungarvan and the westwards towards Kerry before moving up towards Achill.

Two adults & two (reluctant) teenagers :(

What should we make sure to consider?

All advice and words of wisdom very welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Sat navs, chargers for phones from an in car charger.
    Properly inflated tyres and spares. Tyre repair aerosol, 2 off.
    Petrol/diesel container. 220 volt hook up lead. Jack, flashlamp,
    something soft to kneel on.
    Full tank of fuel, empty tank of grey waste liquid. half tank of clean drinking water.
    Full gas bottles for cooking. First aid kit. WORKING fire extinguishers and smoke
    alarms, and C02. Emergency recovery service numbers in your intended area.
    DVD player and discs for the nippers.
    Beer,wine.
    Basic auto tool kit and duct tape and large cable ties. Gloves and hand cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

That's a v big trip for 1 week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Gorteen

That's a v big trip for 1 week.

I was thinking 2 nights in Dungarvan (to allow for a day on the Greenway), a night in Cork, a night in Kerry, a night in Clare (with visit to Arran Islands) and maybe two nights in Mayo (Westport / Achill). Am I pushing it too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Gorteen wrote: »
    I was thinking 2 nights in Dungarvan (to allow for a day on the Greenway), a night in Cork, a night in Kerry, a night in Clare (with visit to Arran Islands) and maybe two nights in Mayo (Westport / Achill). Am I pushing it too much?

Yes. Too much travel and not enough downtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

That's way to much to cover in a week. I'd pick 2 locations and leave it at that. You're blessed with the weather so wherever you go will be great. Stick to that itinerary and your two (reluctant) teenagers will become two (never again) teenagers!

• Advertisement

Hope the trip is going well for ye Gorteen. The weather is just amazing....have a blast! :)

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Hope the trip is going well for ye Gorteen. The weather is just amazing....have a blast! :)

We get on the road Saturday :)

We get on the road Saturday :)

Same plan or a changed one?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Almond milk instead of fresh, off the shelf not the fridge one (stays fresh at room temp). Good for cereal, not for tea.... get used to black tea after a day or two

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Same plan or a changed one?

Plan gone out the window. We will leave Saturday...…...the rest of the week is uncertain...…………

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Plan gone out the window. We will leave Saturday...…...the rest of the week is uncertain...…………

That's exactly what it's all about

Advertisement