Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earphones stocked in Centra

Options
  • 30-06-2018 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

I got a grand total of 2 uses out of them before their crappy wiring gave way and now audio is loose, like listening to someone singing in a jar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Cool story.

Bring them back maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

Who buys headphones in centra and expects them to be a quality product :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I got a grand total of 2 uses out of them before their crappy wiring gave way and now audio is loose, like listening to someone singing in a jar.
    And you are surprised the cheap headphones you purchased in a convenience store are not good Quality...return them and get money back or exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

harr wrote: »
    And you are surprised the cheap headphones you purchased in a convenience store are not good Quality...return them and get money back or exchange.

I'm surprised Centra would stock them.

Do I have to have receipt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Not really. If you don't have a receipt just go in and politely make your case to the manager. They'll probably refund you just to make you leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Probably yes, Centra stores are independently owned so they will want to see proof that you bought it from them and not another Centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

coylemj wrote: »
    Probably yes, Centra stores are independently owned so they will want to see proof that you bought it from them and not another Centra.

Well yes but the Sale of Goods and services act is not subject to you retaining a receipt. It’s not reasonable to expect customers to retain receipts for small ticket items. If you bring back the earphones to the Centra you bought them in then I would expect him to either offer you another pai or refund you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

splinter65 wrote: »
    Well yes but the Sale of Goods and services act is not subject to you retaining a receipt. It’s not reasonable to expect customers to retain receipts for small ticket items. If you bring back the earphones to the Centra you bought them in then I would expect him to either offer you another pai or refund you.

I'm pretty certain that if he wants to stand on his rights, he is legally entitled to demand proof of purchase. In the absence of which he is not required to entertain you.

The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act may not require you to retain a receipt but neither does it say that a shopkeeper is required to replace goods that may have been purchased elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,329 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm sure they stock them for the same reason they stock crappy umbrellas. For people that are stuck.

Advertisement