Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using addresspal

Options
  • 30-06-2018 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

I need a new back sight for my ruger rifle, the original was lost (i bought the rifle secondhand), The only place i can see selling them is in the US, and they will only send parts to the US.

Can i get it sent here by using addresspal, or is that verboten ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Addresspal won't ship anything once firearms are mentioned in my personal experience

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

I might not bring much into it but i used parcelmotel for items which not meant to leave uk and it worked ok. I also used <MOD SNIP> to buy magazines and other parts no problems with delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Addresspal also wont ship any liquids of any kind, including water. Found this out after i bought a couple of bottles of pelt tanning solution, and only noticed the restrictions about a week after the purchase.

My tanning solution arrived after about another week, without a bother lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Addresspal are An Post; any rule that applies to An Post is going to apply to Addresspal.

And I've had stuff refused at the UK hub because it was liquid (osmo wood wax in this case), so they do actually enforce that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

I get stuff delivered to a friend of the woman's who lives in Canada. She then posts it onto us. Just another option if you know someone in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Limerick Sovereigns

You could also consider using MYUS.COM

www.myus.com

The have restrictions but I'm not sure how they are enforced. Single parcels are pricey enough but if you buy a few items from different suppliers, you can have them all consolidated into one delivery. You need to be handy at managing your account settings/preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

have you tried brownells? they have an irish site now.

Advertisement