Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressers

Options
  • 30-06-2018 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I got a haircut recently in a very well known hairdressers it came out of shape and all different lenghts. What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not Feedback. Moved to Consumer Issues

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Fooled wrote:
    I got a haircut recently in a very well known hairdressers it came out of shape and all different lenghts. What can I do?

Go back and ask them to fix it. Why didn't you tell them at the time you weren't happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Fooled

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Go back and ask them to fix it. Why didn't you tell them at the time you weren't happy with it?

I went to a different hairdressers today. They thought it was terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Fooled wrote: »

Then nothing you can do now, if you've been to another hairdresser. You should have gone back to the original one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Fooled wrote:

Hair styles like fashion is in the eye of the beholder. Someone else might love to have their hair looking like yours.

Change hair stylist. I can't see what else you can do. If you really hate the style change stylist & get a trim now

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Hair styles like fashion is in the eye of the beholder. Someone else might love to have their hair looking like yours.

Change hair stylist. I can't see what else you can do. If you really hate the style change stylist & get a trim now

I went to a different salon and they pointed it out.

It was all different lenghts and cut awful

Fooled wrote:

Were you happy with it before it was pointed out to you?

The day of straight layers is gone. Lots of stylists prefer a feathered look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I went to a different salon and they pointed it out.

There's an old adage that a hairdresser, or barber, will always tell someone that their previous stylist mad a bad job of a cut.

There's an old adage that a hairdresser, or barber, will always tell someone that their previous stylist mad a bad job of a cut.

Totally agree
    I had hair salons and barber shops for almost 30 years. I used to love hearing the odd client reply "you did" when asked who cut this last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

Oldest trick in the book

The white knight hair salon comes to the rescue

• Advertisement

There's an old adage that a hairdresser, or barber, will always tell someone that their previous stylist mad a bad job of

It was pointed out to me right side was way longer than left side. I saw it for myself and there was a cut with no shape

There's an old adage that a hairdresser, or barber, will always tell someone that their previous stylist mad a bad job of

I guess Ill know the next time where not 2 go

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just trying to understand here, so I can try to give some advice

You got a haircut at Salon A. Were you happy leaving A?

You then went to Salon B. Why? Was it to get a blow dry etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

dudara wrote: »
    You then went to Salon B. Why? Was it to get a blow dry etc?

I would add:

Did you let Salon B do anything to 'fix' the styling? Because if you did, you now have no business going back to Salon A.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I had your problem and i did highlight at the hairdresser before I left that I was not totally satisfied, yet I had gone there a lot in the past, and they charged me in full, did not address it, only told me that they had used a lot of time and product on it, but anyway they will not have me as a customer any more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

whats the time frame between original cut and second hairdresser complaining about it

whats the time frame between original cut and second hairdresser complaining about it

It was a couple weeks. Now Im after realising that Salon B did an even worse job. It was chopped up and its an even. They cut loads of it and its terrible and thats what is uneven. Im thinking now that the first one was not as bad aa it is now I did this last Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Do you have access to a hat?

endacl wrote: »
    Do you have access to a hat?

Ha ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Time for the full Sinead O'Connor cut?

seagull wrote: »
    Time for the full Sinead O'Connor cut?

I think its time to take it further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Don't people find a hairdresser they like who does the cut they want and stick with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

It was a couple weeks. Now Im after realising that Salon B did an even worse job. It was chopped up and its an even. They cut loads of it and its terrible and thats what is uneven. Im thinking now that the first one was not as bad aa it is now I did this last Saturday

So you walked around perfectly happy for 'a couple of weeks' until someone else told you that it wasn't a great cut and NOW you're looking to do something about it?

:rolleyes:

On the odd chance you're not actually a troll.....just go to a different hair dressers

wexie wrote: »
    So you walked around perfectly happy for 'a couple of weeks' until someone else told you that it wasn't a great cut and NOW you're looking to do something about it?

:rolleyes:

On the odd chance you're not actually a troll.....just go to a different hair dressers

I was very happy for a couple weeks went to the 2nd hairdresser she told me not cut wright. So I got her to cut it and now its worse than when it was cut previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

The length can look lopsided if the parting is changed, did both hair dressers use the same parting when cutting you hair?

I was very happy for a couple weeks went to the 2nd hairdresser she told me not cut wright. So I got her to cut it and now its worse than when it was cut previously.

Well I guess there's really only one option open to you at this stage....large scale social media campaign demanding justice for your hair.

Don't forget a catchy #hashtag

wexie wrote: »
    Well I guess there's really only one option open to you at this stage....large scale social media campaign demanding justice for your hair.

Don't forget a catchy #hashtag

Im not doing that Im going to take it further

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Let it grow, let it grow
    Can't hold it back anymore
    Let it grow, let it grow
    Turn away and slam the door

Here I stand and here I stay
    Let the storm rage on
    My hair never bothered me anyway

• Advertisement