Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair FR507

Options
  • 30-06-2018 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭

Currently sat in Bristol Airport trying to get back to Dublin. Apparently the plane from Dublin never arrived here so they have delayed our 16:30 flight to 21:30 while they fly another plane on a round trip to Madrid or Milan to pick us up on the return and take us home.

Happy bloody days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Currently sat in Bristol Airport trying to get back to Dublin. Apparently the plane from Dublin never arrived here so they have delayed our 16:30 flight to 21:30 while they fly another plane on a round trip to Madrid or Milan to pick us up on the return and take us home.

Happy bloody days.

FR506 is inbound into Bristol now! Was due to land at 16.10, but delayed and now due to land at 16.36! Would have thought this is your plane..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

acer911 wrote: »
    FR506 is inbound into Bristol now! Was due to land at 16.10, but delayed and now due to land at 16.36! Would have thought this is your plane..

Nope this plane is going to Milan which has been delayed here since 12:20

Nope this plane is going to Milan which has been delayed here since 12:20

They obviously have switched scheduling due to the Milan flight being delay as according to flight radar this plane is the plane due to go back to Dublin.

They obviously have switched scheduling due to the Milan flight being delay as according to flight radar this plane is the plane due to go back to Dublin.

Oh its due back to Dublin, just after its flown to Milan and back.

Oh its due back to Dublin, just after its flown to Milan and back.

Originally that plane was due to go to Dub-Brs and the Brs-Dub. That plane was never due to go to Milan but they obviously amended the schedule in the last hour or so due to the inbound Milan plan not arriving.

• Advertisement

Originally that plane was due to go to Dub-Brs and the Brs-Dub. That plane was never due to go to Milan but they obviously amended the schedule in the last hour or so due to the inbound Milan plan not arriving.

I know I'm sat here watching them board the plane I'm supposed to be on.

Still here, our plane just landed from Milan full of people returning from there. The Crew must be bolloxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Don't forget to claim your EU 261 money. Hope you get going soon.

Sat on the plane now, according to the Captain he doesn't have a explanation for us as he doesn't know himself. They were told to take the delayed Milan passengers to their destination instead and that was that. So here we are 6 hrs later for a 45 min flight.

They handed us forms explaining about the EU261 as we were going through the departure gate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Sat on the plane now, according to the Captain he doesn't have a explanation for us as he doesn't know himself. They were told to take the delayed Milan passengers to their destination instead and that was that. So here we are 6 hrs later for a 45 min flight.

They handed us forms explaining about the EU261 as we were going through the departure gate

He just gave you an explanation, they were told to take the delayed Milan pax over and then back on a W rotation, pretty simple, nothing more to say really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Still here, our plane just landed from Milan full of people returning from there. The Crew must be bolloxed.

I'd say they're used to it. Dublin to Bristol to Milan and back is still shorter than a Dublin to Paphos round trip.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

I wonder if I am the only one wondering why Ryanair didn't have a spare airframe and crew that could be rostered in to cover the Milan flight. The EU261 costs of a delay like this will be significant, so to then also have to pay an additional chunk to the delayed Dublin flight suggests to me that their scheduling and or rostering are under more pressure than has perhaps been reported. Yes we're into the summer peak now, and maybe the effects of the French Air Traffic strikes that was on then off, but cancelled too late to reinstate affected flights are a factor, but there's clearly a bit more to this than is being released, it was a very late change, if the report on the Captain's comments are accurate.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

billie1b wrote: »
    He just gave you an explanation, they were told to take the delayed Milan pax over and then back on a W rotation, pretty simple, nothing more to say really

Yes but he said he doesn't know what happened to the other plane for him to be told to fly the Milan route.

Did you get your food voucher after 2 hours?

Yes we got a email explaining our rights around 2 hours in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Yes but he said he doesn't know what happened to the other plane for him to be told to fly the Milan route.

Presumably it had a technical issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

What was the load like on your flight? I’m guessing it was low so it was cheaper to shaft you guys and avoid huge costs with the Milan flights which were prob full-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    What was the load like on your flight? I’m guessing it was low so it was cheaper to shaft you guys and avoid huge costs with the Milan flights which were prob full-ish.

Both BRS flights were full

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

If you look up FR24, and track through the days activity of particular Ryanair aircraft, the vast majority seem to have quite significant delays built up throughout the day. . Altho personally ive always found the delays with EI to be worse, not helped by usually only loading through the front door

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Full to the brim, screaming babies included.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Altho Ive always found the delays with EI to be worse, not helped by usually only loading through the front door

Is that a regular "thing" with EI?

I encountered it with a Cork - Paris return flight earlier this year and thought it was a one-off. It was very annoying as I had selected a seat at the back for a quick exit and get away at CDG (I was making a tight connection). We boarded through the back door in Cork, but in Paris and when we returned to Cork, it was front door exit only. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭CoisFharraige

I wonder if I am the only one wondering why Ryanair didn't have a spare airframe and crew that could be rostered in to cover the Milan flight. The EU261 costs of a delay like this will be significant, so to then also have to pay an additional chunk to the delayed Dublin flight suggests to me that their scheduling and or rostering are under more pressure than has perhaps been reported. Yes we're into the summer peak now, and maybe the effects of the French Air Traffic strikes that was on then off, but cancelled too late to reinstate affected flights are a factor, but there's clearly a bit more to this than is being released, it was a very late change, if the report on the Captain's comments are accurate.

They are extremely tight on crews in almost every base, some worse than others. The Ryanair SUN flights that have started up for example - they called crews at 3AM this morning who were on 'rest' to pick up the flight as a crew member got sick, instead of cancelling/delaying.

Rosters are also late going up to CC around the network everyday - it's really starting to burst at the seams to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭trellheim

I encountered it with a Cork - Paris return flight earlier this year and thought it was a one-off. It was very annoying as I had selected a seat at the back for a quick exit and get away at CDG (I was making a tight connection). We boarded through the back door in Cork, but in Paris and when we returned to Cork, it was front door exit only.

You get so used to this with Ryanair you forget the other airlines are not as focused on a tight turnaround. Even on the last flights of the day in Dublin, with no turnround to speak of, the rear steps are up in jig time normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Ah, sure BA yesterday:

Cancelled 13 flights.

Had two Qatar A330's hired in to fly long haul for them. (Makes you wonder how Qatar were able to spare them)

Hired in other short haul aircraft two of which went tech themselves.

You also have other people on here who are in the business stating that EI are short of crew and engineers.

The whole aviation thing seems to be bursting at the seams with the new-found "boom".

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

You would have to look at the cost of operating two additional legs as well.

XXX -> BRS and BRS -> XXX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭john boye

Mebuntu wrote: »
    Ah, sure BA yesterday:

Cancelled 13 flights.

Had two Qatar A330's hired in to fly long haul for them. (Makes you wonder how Qatar were able to spare them)

Hired in other short haul aircraft two of which went tech themselves.

You also have other people on here who are in the business stating that EI are short of crew and engineers.

The whole aviation thing seems to be bursting at the seams with the new-found "boom".

The BA Qatar wet leases are scheduled though and a different problem, to cover for the 789s off service with Trent 1000 issues and will be operating until late August. I'm on one in a couple of weeks and the comp is quite decent in fairness.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Squatter wrote: »

Altho Ive always found the delays with EI to be worse, not helped by usually only loading through the front door

I encountered it with a Cork - Paris return flight earlier this year and thought it was a one-off. It was very annoying as I had selected a seat at the back for a quick exit and get away at CDG (I was making a tight connection). We boarded through the back door in Cork, but in Paris and when we returned to Cork, it was front door exit only. :mad:

A lot of this would be down to the airport itself, as well as airline preference

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Apologies, don't want to hijack this thread but don't want to start a new one on something so similar.

So EI507 just departed Bordeaux 2:58 late at 19:33.

My 17 year old son and his friend are on board and asked Aer Lingus staff 10 minutes before boarding (circa 2:15 after the scheduled departure) about getting some food and a drink under EU 261 but were told they weren't entitled and that the reason for the delay was a problem with the brakes.

Have they just been fobbed off? Did they misunderstand their entitlement?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

So EI507 just departed Bordeaux 2:58 late at 19:33.

My 17 year old son and his friend are on board and asked Aer Lingus staff 10 minutes before boarding (circa 2:15 after the scheduled departure) about getting some food and a drink under EU 261 but were told they weren't entitled and that the reason for the delay was a problem with the brakes.

Have they just been fobbed off? Did they misunderstand their entitlement?
    It’s quite complicated but I believe your entitlement depends on the distance of the flight, and also the length of delay to your arrival, not departure, sorry I can’t clearly answer your question

Advertisement