Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair FR507

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Once a delay reaches 2 hours, refreshments must be provided, regardless of the reason for the delay.

If they are 3 hours late on doors opening in Dublin they can apply for their EU261 compensation.

Thank you, so assuming they land at the predicted 20:11 and are at the gate shy of the 3 hour delay rule other than making a complaint that they were refused refreshments when requested after the delay exceeded 2 hours there's little that can be done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Locker10a wrote: »
    It’s quite complicated but I believe your entitlement depends on the distance of the flight, and also the length of delay to your arrival, not departure, sorry I can’t clearly answer your question

Just had a read of the EU 261 info on the Aer Lingus website as it states that

"When we reasonably expect a flight to be delayed beyond its scheduled time of departure for two hours or more in the case of flights of 1 500 kilometres or less;”......"we will offer you free of charge meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time; and two telephone calls, telex or fax messages, or e-mails."

See https://www.aerlingus.com/support/legal/regulation/

Next time I'll advise him to assert his right to send two faxes. That'll make providing a couple of sandwiches and Cokes look eazy peazy!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Thank you, so assuming they land at the predicted 20:11 and are at the gate shy of the 3 hour delay rule other than making a complaint that they were refused refreshments when requested after the delay exceeded 2 hours there's little that can be done?

As Fred says the relevant time is the time that the aircraft arrived on stand which is what airline timetables are based upon.

The times quoted on FR24 are take off and landing times, and not the times that airline timetables are based upon, namely push back from stand and arrival on stand.

You are correct.

It is the doors open time you need, not the landing time.

I assume that's for the €250 compensation (which is great to know) but what is the test for qualifying for refreshments due to a delayed departure? Is it not simply that it's more than 2 hours since the scheduled departure and you haven't yet departed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement