Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIAB Question

Options
  • 30-06-2018 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Folks,

I am in the process of the PIAB. I have already received an offer from the other parties insurance company and refused.

My query is this, is it common for the other parties insurance company to make more than one offer? i.e will/might they attempt to make a second offer before PIAB begin their medical assessment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

First offer is invariably a low-ball. How much of a low-ball will be another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

My query is this, is it common for the other parties insurance company to make more than one offer?

Yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Hi Folks,

I am in the process of the PIAB. I have already received an offer from the other parties insurance company and refused.

My query is this, is it common for the other parties insurance company to make more than one offer? i.e will/might they attempt to make a second offer before PIAB begin their medical assessment?

It is common, particularly where the applicant does not have a solicitor.

Advertisement