Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy idea where to start?

Options
  • 30-06-2018 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Firstly if this post is in the wrong forum, please feel feel free to move it. My partners mother is currently looking to do something about her garden. For a number if reason, which I won't go onto here her once well kept garden has fallen into serious disrepair and I've offered to help get it sorted.....gulp. I just have no idea where to start. I'm going to attempt to attach a pic below

The once well kept garden is now a half acre of knee high grass, grass seed, moss and Sally trees. I'm wondering if there is any point in going in with strimmers and try and save it....or if we need to go in with a digger and start from scratch? The latter option we want to avoid due to cost etc.

Any advice would be appreciated ��

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭standardg60

Lol sally trees! You're obviously from the country..no offence intended btw.

Just strim it down, keep it mown and it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I did a half acre that was hip high before. I strimmed it and took the grass off with rake and barrow.cut it then with lawn mower.it turned white yellow for couple days but greened then.turned into grand lawn. The advantage of strimming is you will find stuff in the lawn with strimming that would smash a lawnmower or topper.
    Plough into it with strimmer just mix the petrol heavy with 2t as it will get hot.its achievable no need for digging.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

one of the obvious questions is what sort of garden are you aiming for? do you want a lawn, something specifically low maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Expect to find concrete blocks ladders kids toys lumps of timber the world of frogs and a few hares. I love doing them kind of jobs.did another smaller one before and got attacked by a load of bastid bees.

Advertisement