Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potato/beet fork

Options
  • 30-06-2018 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Not sure where to post.Hi all.could anyone help me to find one of the above.i prefer to buy the old ones to the ones you can buy these days.im in North tipperary.any help would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Which use? Digging or shoveling? Two very different tools and then some people have very weird ideas on what is a potato fork.

For me a potato fork is like a digging fork but with extra wide tines and the potato/beet handling fork is a wide shovel made up of 12 or more tines often with rounded ends so you can shovel up spuds from a hard surface and loose any soil in the process (also use by landscapers to shovel stones while leaving as much soil as possible).

TTFG-DF-510x510.jpg

F307DTH-800-510x510.jpg

A beet fork is like the potato "shovel" but less tines more widely spaced but then every area has different names for things.

Glambia and Woodies stock some (but not all) of the True Temper range (pictures above) so give them a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭stevep1018

my3cents wrote: »
    Which use? Digging or shoveling? Two very different tools and then some people have very weird ideas on what is a potato fork.

For me a potato fork is like a digging fork but with extra wide tines and the potato/beet handling fork is a wide shovel made up of 12 or more tines often with rounded ends so you can shovel up spuds from a hard surface and loose any soil in the process (also use by landscapers to shovel stones while leaving as much soil as possible).

TTFG-DF-510x510.jpg

F307DTH-800-510x510.jpg

A beet fork is like the potato "shovel" but less tines more widely spaced but then every area has different names for things.

Glambia and Woodies stock some (but not all) of the True Temper range (pictures above) so give them a try.
    Thanks for that.i will have a look.i had a loan of a beet fork yesterday for the turf and it's a godsend so I really want to get one myself

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Aldi (or is it Lidl?) are currently offering a fork with an "ergonomic handle". The tines on it are made of steel plate and are quite wide.

Advertisement