Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport to Belmullet

• 30-06-2018 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi all, was looking up Bus Éireann for getting to Belmullet from the Galway direction. The nearest thing I've seen to getting there is if you:

Take 454 bus from Westport - Ballina (only on a Friday :( ), then take the 446 bus from Ballina - Belmullet. The times from A to B would be dismal though, getting there at half 7 in the evening.

You'd think there would be a BÉ route going via Wesport - Ballycroy - Bangor Erris - Belmullet or similar, unless I missed something. I came across Corduff Travel which is direct, but again not sure about taking it (would be preferable to get there earlier in the day rather than 7pm, according to the timetable: http://cordufftravel.ie/belmullet-to-galway/).

Saw this as well https://outsider.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Screen-Shot-2018-06-07-at-9.24.25-a.m.-1024x722.png
    Westport - Bangor Erris. Then catch Bus É from Bangor E - Belmullet, getting there at 2pm on a Sunday with the 446 bus?

Would there be better suggestions on routes to take, or options on other public transportation to use for this route? Wonder if it would be more feasible to get there via Sligo...?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Galway to Ballina and then on to Belmullet is the only option I think. The bus then goes on to Blacksod.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chite

recyclebin wrote: »
    Galway to Ballina and then on to Belmullet is the only option I think. The bus then goes on to Blacksod.

Ah the 52 expressway, clearly I wasn't looking hard enough (was only looking at regional services :o ) Guess I'll try this one, thanks!!
    The Corduff service got in touch and said they don't operate during the summer.

Advertisement