Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloudy turtle tank after water change

Options
  • 30-06-2018 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi i have a 150l tank with two terrapins, i normally use half rain water and half from our well but iv had to change to river water the last 2 weeks because our well is drying up with the dry weather. Now the tank clouds over to the point we can hardly see the turtles after one day. Is there anything I can do till we get some rain again? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

bobby93 wrote: »
    Hi i have a 150l tank with two terrapins, i normally use half rain water and half from our well but iv had to change to river water the last 2 weeks because our well is drying up with the dry weather. Now the tank clouds over to the point we can hardly see the turtles after one day. Is there anything I can do till we get some rain again? Thanks in advance

Chances are it is an Algae bloom in the tank. This is due to the fact that the river contains Algae.

You should try blacking out the tank for 3 days to see if it clears up.

Blacking out is when you put a sheet over the tank to stop letting light in
    (Leaving the light off as well.)

Advertisement