Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime (with 2-day priority shipping) now available in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

irishchris wrote: »
    Yes they start the 6 month trial from the day you sign up and refund any of your original prime cost to your card

In my case trial started from today but quick chat with amazon, they refunded me full amount, I was only looking for 20 or so days extended to my trial but they guy said nope we will refund you in full.

Great customer service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

thanks all for that prime video info. the selection is so much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

What has this thread got to do with bargains?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Seve OB wrote: »
    What has this thread got to do with bargains?
    Some things are cheaper for prime members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

NUS extra worked like a charm
    Iras5Bf.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

Any issue with Irish Prime deliveries if you sign up for Prime Student (UK)?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

can someone please point me in the right direction of a cheap and easy course i can join.

if im right i then can apply for a student amazon account?

can someone please point me in the right direction of a cheap and easy course i can join.

if im right i then can apply for a student amazon account?
    You don't need to join any course.. Just sign up for e-careers

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

gazzamc wrote: »

Thanks will showing I have signed up be enough or do I then have to buy a student card?

Thanks will showing I have signed up be enough or do I then have to buy a student card?
    Sign up for the student card and use ecareers as the course info. Then provide Amazon with your card details. Easiest and fastest way is to screen shot your card details from their app after you've signed up for the card

• Advertisement

According to a few posters here, they don't ask for proof of course. Just the institute. You sign up to nus and input e-careers as the place of study,you then buy the card from them.

I believe a few have gotten it by emailing amazon the nus profile info. If you go back a few pages someone goes through the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Worked for me today, screenshot of details from app. I am getting card sent to me to avail of student discounts for the year in cinemas etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

TheDriver wrote:
    Worked for me today, screenshot of details from app. I am getting card sent to me to avail of student discounts for the year in cinemas etc

Can you pm me the nus website you used to register! The one I tried is asking for Captcha but it won't let me see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

TheDriver wrote: »

did you need to upload a photo to nus also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Got my nus card. Was easy enough to register for the £12 card and get screenshot of card on NUS app. Prime didn't go on sale so we're justified, right?

Still can't manage to get Prime videos working (cust service says it's all UK) but with 6 months maybe I'll have the time to figure it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Are you guys signing up for a 4 year card? Is it the NUS Extra card? It's asking me for an email address. Do I need a college email?

Edit: Have passed the email bit and going through the process now.

I now have a free trial of Prime until September, should I just wait?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I just did a 1 year card for £12. I'll see what Amazon does after a year if they require recurring proof or just let it ride at the discounted rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I just did a 1 year card for £12. I'll see what Amazon does after a year if they require recurring proof or just let it ride at the discounted rate.

I'm passed the 1 year stage with student prime now. It just auto-continued at the lower price. Didn't have to send any further proof.

Got my card for a year. Email from Amazon said I'm signed to student prime for 4 years

Great. Will wait until September when my free trial is up.

• Advertisement

Squaredude wrote: »
    Got my card for a year. Email from Amazon said I'm signed to student prime for 4 years

And your NUS card was only the 1 year one (£12)?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I'm passed the 1 year stage with student prime now. It just auto-continued at the lower price. Didn't have to send any further proof.

Does Prime Video work as normal?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I got a 3 year card (like an Idiot!!)
    But at least my student end-date is in 3 years time, if any queries arrive in the future I should be covered.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    But at least my student end-date is in 3 years time, if any queries arrive in the future I should be covered.

Did you have to upload a photo for the card, what course did you pick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Any ecareers course. Doesn't matter. No validation to check you are enrolled in anything. I bought 3 years, it's a pity the ISIC is only 1 year as its probably useful for the train. Not sure the NSU part on its own will work as that side has no picture.

It works

""Message From Customer Service Hi,

I'm Akshay from Student verification team here at Amazon.co.uk and will be happy to assist you today.

thank you for sending us the proof. I’ve checked and can see that you are eligible for the subscription of Amazon student prime 6 months free trail.

To make you no longer wait, I've approved your request to sign up for Prime Student 6 months free trial.

Please return to the sign-up page below within 14 days to sign up without an .ac.uk e-mail address:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/joinstudent

I just wanted to keep you informed that, even though on the website you will be asked to enter the ac.uk email address, you may ignore it and provide your non ac.uk email address and our system will accept it.

In case, if you are unable to sign up using the above link or the email address isn't recognised, please let us know by replying to this email, so that we can investigate further and help you by manually adding the student prime to your account.

***As you'll now activate  Student Prime on your account. So I've cancelled the current Prime subscription from your account and issued a full refund of £79.00 to your original payment account. Please allow your bank next 5- 7 business days and will appear as a credit on your billing statement.

If you still have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact us again by replying to this email and we will do everything we can to help you.

Thank you for being a valuable customer. We look forward to a very warm and fruitful association with you, please enjoy your day!""

Warmest regards,
    AkshayAmazon.co.uk

Original Message from me to them

Hi, I would like to change my prime account (xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com) to a 
    Prime Student account if possible please? I have attached a screenshot of 
    my NUS Extra Card details for verification. 

My friend just told me about this, unfortunately I have paid for a years 
    normal prime too costing £79. 

Can anything be done? 
    Thank you 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

sweet...signed up for 5 years of student prime.
    I wonder will the NUS card work for apple and microsoft?:eek:

Message From Customer Service
    Hi,

My name is Kalyani. I'm from the Student verification team here at Amazon.co.uk customer service department.

I understand your concern regarding Student Prime subscription.

I'd like to inform you that Amazon Student Prime membership is at a special rate of either £39 a year or £3.99 a month.

Upon checking all the details, I can see that your current Trial period starts from Thursday, 19 July 2018 to Saturday, 19 January 2019.

You can manage or switch from monthly Prime to yearly prime subscription using the following link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/manageprime

Also, I can see that you can use this Student prime subscription for next 4 years. Your total subscription period is from Thursday, 19 July 2018 to Tuesday, 19 July 2022

If you still have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact us again by replying to this email and we will do everything we can to help you.

Please be assured that we're here to help you and we'll not let you bear any loss.

We are delighted to have you in the family of Amazon student and wish you an amazing experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon. take care.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.
    Did I solve your problem?
    Yes No
    Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

Warmest regards,
    Kalyani P
    Amazon.co.uk

That’s strange. I got a different one (previous op posted it) and it allowed me to select my graduation year with 2023 being the maximum which of course I selected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Blazer wrote: »
    That’s strange. I got a different one (previous op posted it) and it allowed me to select my graduation year with 2023 being the maximum which of course I selected.

You didn't do anything different? Where did you select the graduation year?

so once it is setup, we can pay for up to 4 years of prime at student rate?
    Regarding video and music, I got annoyed when it wanted me to pay more. Give me netflix and spotify anyday

cronos wrote: »
    You didn't do anything different? Where did you select the graduation year?

In the link provided in the email. It was link your student account.

Wheety wrote: »
    And your NUS card was only the 1 year one (£12)?

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just signed up to the student prime using the previous tips. Thanks to the OP of the signup method.

Takes about 30 minutes of your time from start to finish. Well worth it, was hoping for a discounted prime on Prime Day but this is even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Hi folks,

what address are you using for the NUS card? Does it have to be a UK one?

• Advertisement

iPhone. wrote: »
    Hi folks,

what address are you using for the NUS card? Does it have to be a UK one?

used my DPD one for the UK. Others have used parcel motel

TheDriver wrote: »
    so once it is setup, we can pay for up to 4 years of prime at student rate?
    Regarding video and music, I got annoyed when it wanted me to pay more. Give me netflix and spotify anyday

Is video not included in Student Prime?

leex wrote: »
    Is video not included in Student Prime?

yes but its still crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I presume all you NUS students can now join your colleagues and start doing some protesting about Brexit.

https://www.nus.org.uk/en/news/student-voice-on-brexit/

Feckin lazy students.

Signed up and used the same mail as others above, thanks for everyone's help!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

How is this a bargain???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yes, and I bought one on UK GoGroppie for 4 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭iHungry

mik_da_man wrote: »

I think I slipped up because I only applied for one year . I'm now afraid they will close this loophole. Anyway to extend it in the settings I wonder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just a few tips:

I used my actual address for the card, just entered the Parcel Motel postcode as it wouldn’t accept the Irish one.

For the courses, you don’t need to sign up. Just go straight to the NUS website and enter e-Careers as the college. Pick the 1 year card (£12) so it’s cheaper.

Just download the NUS app, login and screenshot the account page.

When I got a reply from Amazon accepting the details I sent I clicked on the link in the email and was able to pick the course end date (latest was 2022 I think). So hopefully the prime account lasts till then.

I tried Prime video and it’s working fine, although it’s the Irish version automatically but I probably won’t use the video much either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Nice one!

Looks like I have the 6 month trial of student prime.

"Next Payment:
    On 19 January 2019, you will be charged £3.99 for another month of Prime Student."

In the Amazon link, all I had to choose was the year end of my course, nothing else. I put 2023 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It works

""Message From Customer Service Hi,

I'm Akshay from Student verification team here at Amazon.co.uk and will be happy to assist you today.

thank you for sending us the proof. I’ve checked and can see that you are eligible for the subscription of Amazon student prime 6 months free trail.

To make you no longer wait, I've approved your request to sign up for Prime Student 6 months free trial.

Please return to the sign-up page below within 14 days to sign up without an .ac.uk e-mail address:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/joinstudent

I just wanted to keep you informed that, even though on the website you will be asked to enter the ac.uk email address, you may ignore it and provide your non ac.uk email address and our system will accept it.

In case, if you are unable to sign up using the above link or the email address isn't recognised, please let us know by replying to this email, so that we can investigate further and help you by manually adding the student prime to your account.

***As you'll now activate  Student Prime on your account. So I've cancelled the current Prime subscription from your account and issued a full refund of £79.00 to your original payment account. Please allow your bank next 5- 7 business days and will appear as a credit on your billing statement.

Thank you for being a valuable customer. We look forward to a very warm and fruitful association with you, please enjoy your day!""

Warmest regards,
    AkshayAmazon.co.uk

Original Message from me to them

Hi, I would like to change my prime account (xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com) to a 
    Prime Student account if possible please? I have attached a screenshot of 
    my NUS Extra Card details for verification. 

My friend just told me about this, unfortunately I have paid for a years 
    normal prime too costing £79. 

Can anything be done? 
    Thank you 
    Eir must be using the same bot, I just had a one way chat with a person /machine called Akshay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Signed up, thanks to the OP who posted this!

wonder how long before they cop this or add an extra verification step?

Just need to change prime video location to uk now.

Does anyone know if prime video requires vpn after having it chaged to UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

iPhone. wrote: »
    Signed up, thanks to the OP who posted this!

wonder how long before they cop this or add an extra verification step?

Just need to change prime video location to uk now.

Does anyone know if prime video requires vpn after having it chaged to UK?
    This trick has been around for a couple of years already, posted many times on hotukdeals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭deadimmortal

This is great, I have prime now as a student, free for the first 6 months, then only £3.99 a month after that, along with UK prime music and UK prime video that both have apps so I can use it on the go, no long need to use apple music so cancelling that will cover the £3.99 in 6 months time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

The music and video apps are watered down. Even more so in Ireland.

I haven't figured it out myself, on my Samsung smart TV, but if u manage to get the UK prime video working, it'll at least be worth it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement