Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essential french?

Options
  • 01-07-2018 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hey guys so I’m thinking of going to essential french in cork for 6th year to improve on my french!
    I live a good bit away but I’ll definitely go if it’s worth it which I’m sure it is
    I just wanna know anyone else’s experience :)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dob1234

I would totally recommend essential french. It was the best decision I ever made. The teachers are so helpful, the notes are unbelievable, the atmosphere is brilliant. I loved going in there. I did my leaving cert over 3 years ago and I ended up getting an A1 (now called H1) in my leaving cert french exam. Essential french are masters at their craft. Their prepare you so well for the oral exam with loads of extra classes offered every single weekend! If you put in the effort, do the homework they give you and learn the material then you're guaranteed an excellent grade. So worth it!
    David O'B.
    Former student of essential french

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Sb567

dob1234 wrote: »
    I would totally recommend essential french. It was the best decision I ever made. The teachers are so helpful, the notes are unbelievable, the atmosphere is brilliant. I loved going in there. I did my leaving cert over 3 years ago and I ended up getting an A1 (now called H1) in my leaving cert french exam. Essential french are masters at their craft. Their prepare you so well for the oral exam with loads of extra classes offered every single weekend! If you put in the effort, do the homework they give you and learn the material then you're guaranteed an excellent grade. So worth it!
    David O'B.
    Former student of essential french

Oh that’s great the info session is next week and I’m nervous for some reason but from that I’m really thinking about it !
    Did you do all classes at the weekend ?
    Thank you for your reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dob1234

dont be nervous about the info session, Natasha is very welcoming, nothing to worry about.
    you have two compulsory classes every week - a base class and an extra grammar class. the base class is 90 mins long (you cover oral work, listening comp, reading comp, tenses, adjectives, prepositions, notes and essays), the extra grammar class in an hour long and you cover more essays. Then on top of that there are extra hour long classes for more reading comp, listening and oral work which are optional. you also get one-to-one orals throughout the year. i had my base class on a wednesday, and i attended the extra grammar class on a wednesday too straight after my base class. i usually attended an extra oral class every week too, usually on a saturday. you give essential french a list of available times when you can attend and they fit you in for your base class. they then have an online booking system for all the extra classes.
    hope this helps? give me a private message and ill give u my email if u have any other questions. if you're willing to put in the effort essential french is so worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Sb567

dob1234 wrote: »
    dont be nervous about the info session, Natasha is very welcoming, nothing to worry about.
    you have two compulsory classes every week - a base class and an extra grammar class. the base class is 90 mins long (you cover oral work, listening comp, reading comp, tenses, adjectives, prepositions, notes and essays), the extra grammar class in an hour long and you cover more essays. Then on top of that there are extra hour long classes for more reading comp, listening and oral work which are optional. you also get one-to-one orals throughout the year. i had my base class on a wednesday, and i attended the extra grammar class on a wednesday too straight after my base class. i usually attended an extra oral class every week too, usually on a saturday. you give essential french a list of available times when you can attend and they fit you in for your base class. they then have an online booking system for all the extra classes.
    hope this helps? give me a private message and ill give u my email if u have any other questions. if you're willing to put in the effort essential french is so worth it!

Oh I’ll definitely go so thanks so much it does help me because I’ve no one else to talk to who’s gone there so!
    Thank you :)
    Yeah see I was worried about times and stuff during the week with school and spins up there and stuff but I’ll make it work

Advertisement