Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet friendly accommodation near IFSC

Options
  • 01-07-2018 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    Anyone got any ideas where I can live with my wee dog? Single vegetarian mature female... I'm working in IFSC and can't find anything handy that's pet friendly...
    Getting desperate....

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DubCount

Getting any property to rent in Dublin 1/2 is difficult without a dog. I think you need to consider a broader search area and a commute, or find a friend to take on your dog.

Not sure being a vegetarian adds extra attraction to a potential landlord - you may need to turn vegan !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Siannmj

Any particular areas - I don’t know Dublin that well? I’m coming from Belfast...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Siannmj wrote: »
    Any particular areas - I don’t know Dublin that well? I’m coming from Belfast...

Everywhere, you might even have to look on the commuter rail lines. There's a shortage of rentals in Dublin so a Landlord will have their pick of tenants so a pet owner will be way down the list of possible candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HarrietD

Landlords have their pick of tenants at the moment and a dog will rule you out with most. Best chance would be country areas. North Co Dublin, Meath, Drogheda area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Also bear in mind that most accommodation around the ifsc is apartment blocks and pets/dogs are generally not allowed. By bringing the dog with you you are really reducing the already limited amount of accommodation available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You'll find something on the NCR (North Circular Road) you may need to hone that Belfast accent though to scare the **** out of any ne'er-do-wells.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dk1982

Hi
    Anyone got any ideas where I can live with my wee dog? Single vegetarian mature female... I'm working in IFSC and can't find anything handy that's pet friendly...
    Getting desperate....

Thanks in advance...

Try Swords. Easy access to IFSC via port tunnel on swords express. also handy base for heading back to Belfast. Not sure how you being a Veggie is relevant :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,949 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You're going to be working all day, and leaving the dog locked up alone in an inner city apartment? I'm no animal rights activist, but even i think that's just cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Meh, some dogs are quite happy hanging out all day. We have an apartment dog who spends maybe 5 hours alone while we're at work, but we're in a large duplex that he has the run of, we have a load of boredom breaker toys that we fill with treats each morning, and we leave a 'dog anxiety playlist' running on youtube (mixture of music and sounds that are supposed to stimulate) while we're in work. It's not ideal and we're moving into our own house (with a garden!) next week, but it's not the abusive situation it might sound like. He's only a small terrier also, I certainly wouldn't be locking anything bigger in the kind of place you'd get in the city centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Siannmj

Mrs Obumble,

You are jumping to a lot of negative assumptions there.

These days we have doggy day care and dog walkers... don’t judge me by how you might treat a dog.

Stick to answering the question and if you don’t like it start your own thread for moaning & griping.

Thanks Captain flaps - my dog likes daytime tv lol

• Advertisement

Maybe you should try asking your doggie day care people where they recommend that you live. They will, after all, know the billing addresses of their clients and thus have an idea of the sorts of places where it's possible to find accommodation that allows dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Most landlords will not rent to someone with a dog, I doubt it would appeal to most house-share tenants/owners. It's very difficult to find rental accommodation in Dublin, even more difficult to find one at a reasonable price, and I would suspect impossible to find one which accepts dogs. Leave the dog at home op, better for both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I should also chime in to say we didn't have the dog when we moved in, we noticed other people in our complex HAD dogs so we asked the letting agent to ask the landlord who was fine with it. Definitely wouldn't have even gotten a call back if we'd showed up to the viewing and asked about dogs. We're in D11 (moving out in a couple of days though!). Our dog also goes to a minder at least once a week and I sometimes bring him to the office with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭HappySerious

I have always rented a house with our dog and outside city centre but generally once you meet the landlord and he sees what a lovely tenant you would be you can plead the case for a dog. Some are dead set against it but there are ones who don't mind.

• Site Banned Posts: 30 DevLit

Maybe you should try asking your doggie day care people where they recommend that you live. They will, after all, know the billing addresses of their clients and thus have an idea of the sorts of places where it's possible to find accommodation that allows dogs.

Jesus Christ. That would be a serious data protection issue.

DevLit wrote: »
    Jesus Christ. That would be a serious data protection issue.

It would be, if they gave out actual addresses.

It wouldn't if they said "we have quite a few clients living in <<area name>> and <<area name>>"

I woulda thought that it's pretty clear which I was suggesting ....

And actually having to locate a doggie day car facility could be an interesting exercise for the OP. I'm guessing there aren't many around the IFSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

If you work in the IFSC you're within 5mn walk of Connolly Station, so anywhere North or South on a DART line going through this station will be very handy.
    For example, I used to DART in from Booterstown, it only took 15mn to get to Connolly.

Good luck in your search!

Advertisement