Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jury's Inn

Options
  • 01-07-2018 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭

Last night we went out for a few beers and went into Jury's at around 10 minutes to 11, we were waiting to get served when the girl behind the bar said as it was now 11pm they would not serve anyone who was not a resident, as there were quite a few people including myself waiting for a drink you can guess we were not happy.

Surely they can't stop serving you where the closing time is 12.30 am and you have done nothing to give them a reason not to serve non residents, I have never heard of this before and I certainly will never go in there again ,there were a number of tourists there who were taken aback by this decision one said it's like going back to the dark ages. This does not look good in a holiday destination like Galway is, I can understand not serving non residents after closing time but 11pm would they be breaking any rule by doing this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They can do what they like, it's their bar.
    Did you speak to a manager yesterday or today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Storm 10

biko wrote: »
    They can do what they like, it's their bar.
    Did you speak to a manager yesterday or today?

No spoke to nobody but I will

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Storm 10 wrote: »
    No spoke to nobody but I will

The girl at the bar won't have made that decision so speaking to a manager won't do much good, as they will have decided not serve non residents after 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Last night we went out for a few beers and went into Jury's
    This is where you went wrong. Lesson learned. Just don’t bother going there again. All Jury’s have similar rules. Inns are worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭StonedRaider

I've lived in Galway for 17years, only ever went into Jury's once. To meet a potential client. Had 1 cup of coffee while waiting. Have never recommend the place to no one since
    With the amount of decent pubs around, don't see the reason for having a pint there as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I've lived in Galway for 17years, only ever went into Jury's once. To meet a potential client. Had 1 cup of coffee while waiting. Have never recommend the place to no one since
    With the amount of decent pubs around, don't see the reason for having a pint there as well
    Exactly, a very strange choice of venue for a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

From the outside perhaps the garden beside the Corrib might look inviting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

flazio wrote: »
    From the outside perhaps the garden beside the Corrib might look inviting.

... if you like the feeling of being behind bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

11pm is closing time on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Exactly, a very strange choice of venue for a drink.

Despite the 'cage' the beer garden is actually quite spacious if you are in the middle of town, and not super smokey if non smokers and smokers are together.

The bar is grand for a quick quiet meeting as it's central and not usually jammed.

On the OP's point though, I've seen that very thing happen while I was there. 10 mins is grand to clear the bar unless it was wedged. The whole residents thing a red herring imo. I've been in there another time as a non resident and got served well past 'regular' closing. Inconsistent tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement