Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White noise

• 01-07-2018 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried a white noise machine for an older child rather than a baby? My 1.5 year old is such a light sleeper-even opening the front door and walking around in the hallway can wake her upstairs! Thinking of giving a white noise machine a try to see if it helps, looking for some opinions? Or even recommendations for machines?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

You could try a youtube video first to see does it work? Just youtube white noise baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

found loads of it listed on spotify if you are looking for different types

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I find pink noise far more effective than white noise as it is less harsh. The volume has to be quite loud. Downloaded a 99c ‘song’ from iTunes. It’s 10 min long and it’s on repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

I had a fan in my kids room as background white noise. Handy now for the weather we’re having!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

I rarely use our streaming radio set to one of the ambient channels with nature sounds (e.g. ocean waves, rain) to help my daughters sleep.
    - she's a bit older than your daughter though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

We have a very light sleeper here around the same age. Do let us know if this helps! I'm considering buying a white noise machine for the new baby due in October but I suppose I could trial it on him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

They’re not too expensive on Amazon so might give it a go. I’m just thinking though that if I want it because she’s a light sleeper (rather than because she has trouble getting asleep) that I probably need to leave it on all night to drown out other noises rather than timing it for 30 mins etc.

Advertisement