Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice sought: Tacx satori turbo resistance changer jammed

Options
  • 01-07-2018 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi all

My turbo resistance changed is stuck. Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and what is the solution. Its been in storage for couple of years so not sure if its rust or what. Is a replacement changer and cable best option and any ideas where to get one cheap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

keane=cock wrote: »
    Hi all

My turbo resistance changed is stuck. Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and what is the solution. Its been in storage for couple of years so not sure if its rust or what. Is a replacement changer and cable best option and any ideas where to get one cheap?

Is this the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

I had the same problem last year after taking mine out from the attic. Lever wouldn't budge. The inner cable had rusted, and I think had fused with the inside of the outer cable. Broke the lever trying to force it, then made a balls of the cable trying to get it out so ended up just cutting it at the wheel unit. Now just make do with setting the resistance & using the gears. In theory if you could get the inner cable out, you might be able to replace it with a brake cable or something similar, but I'm not sure how it connects at the wheel unit.

Edit: actually, it looks like you can get replacement cable sets: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tacx-Satori-Swing-Complete-Cable/dp/B00JQN4JBI. Not sure why I didn't come across this before.

I had the same problem last year after taking mine out from the attic. Lever wouldn't budge. The inner cable had rusted, and I think had fused with the inside of the outer cable. Broke the lever trying to force it, then made a balls of the cable trying to get it out so ended up just cutting it at the wheel unit. Now just make do with setting the resistance & using the gears. In theory if you could get the inner cable out, you might be able to replace it with a brake cable or something similar, but I'm not sure how it connects at the wheel unit.

Edit: actually, it looks like you can get replacement cable sets: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tacx-Satori-Swing-Complete-Cable/dp/B00JQN4JBI. Not sure why I didn't come across this before.

Yea I had seen this. Washoping for a quick easy fix tho haha. thanks for the link. Found this

https://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=12824313
    For a step by step guide on replacing if its any use to anyone on here.

How do you find using the gears by the way? Much difference?

keane=cock wrote: »
    Yea I had seen this. Washoping for a quick easy fix tho haha. thanks for the link. Found this

https://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=12824313
    For a step by step guide on replacing if its any use to anyone on here.

How do you find using the gears by the way? Much difference?

They're fine for all I'd be doing. From what I can recall, it felt like there was more of a jump between the positions on the turbo lever than there was in shifting a gear at a time, so I tended to use the gears more anyway.

They're fine for all I'd be doing. From what I can recall, it felt like there was more of a jump between the positions on the turbo lever than there was in shifting a gear at a time, so I tended to use the gears more anyway.

Do u use it as just an indoor spin or do u do programs like trainer road etc

• Advertisement

yeah, mostly just keeping the legs ticking over.

Advertisement