Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awning poles

Options
  • 02-07-2018 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement poles for an awning? I'm not sure what type it is as I can't see anything written anywhere and we got it second hand.

I rang a shop to see if they had universal ones and was told they are all different and would be really hard to source as most are the air type ones now. But I'm thinking there must be somewhere that does that sort of thing, hopefully anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Your best bet is most likely to look for 'telescopic tent poles'.

I worked in Great Outdoors in Cork many many moons ago and we always kept the poles from scrap or damaged tents as there was always people looking for them. We had dozens of them. We'd mix and match and even cut down poles for people to suit. I don't think we ever failed to make up some sort of mish mash. It might be worth ringing around a few camping shops to see if they have anything similar that they might allow you to wade through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chazfem

Are the tent poles the same as awning poles? I've been googling poles for awnings, maybe that's too specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

They tend to be thicker (larger diameter) but the telescopic ones tend to be made of heavier materials anyway so that compensates for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Try an awning storm pole, generally made of lighter material so put it in least stressed point of structure

Advertisement