Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pm problem

Options
  • 02-07-2018 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I wasn’t sure what heading I should use but yesterday I sent someone a private message, soon after I changed my email details as old one not working. Now it says I have sent no pms. So I’m wondering (in my ignorance) if changing email address affected it? Do I need to send pm again? I don’t want to bombard the person I’m messaging if unnecessary.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We have a known glitch on Boards that happens sometimes when someone changes their email address. It causes their profile to display wrong info & it looks like that happened to you.

I can’t access PMs to check, but I’d be fairly sure that the PM sent OK. I’d suggest giving the person some time to respond. If they don’t reply, then you can just send again

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Myrna

dudara wrote: »
    We have a known glitch on Boards that happens sometimes when someone changes their email address. It causes their profile to display wrong info & it looks like that happened to you.

I can’t access PMs to check, but I’d be fairly sure that the PM sent OK. I’d suggest giving the person some time to respond. If they don’t reply, then you can just send again

Aw thank you for getting back to me. I will wait so.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

To add, if you would like to keep copies of messages that you send, you will need to set that up here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to the Private Messaging heading and look for the option that says "When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder." Check the box underneath and save your settings. Sent Messages will count towards your mailbox limits though, so you may want to delete these from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Myrna

To add, if you would like to keep copies of messages that you send, you will need to set that up here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to the Private Messaging heading and look for the option that says "When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder." Check the box underneath and save your settings. Sent Messages will count towards your mailbox limits though, so you may want to delete these from time to time.

That’s brilliant thank you.

Advertisement