Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Total Station with 3D Model

• 02-07-2018 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

Using a Leica MS60. We are installing a large platform with a series of tanks and pipework, in the workshop prior to shipping to site.

There is a fully coordinated 3D model available, where our model too lies. So I can pick a point anywhere on our platform or pipework and I have coordinates as if it was down on site.

I want to make the MS60 think it is down on site so we can verify the installation prior to leaving site.

I have local control points set up in the workshop, which has only been useful for elevations so far. My eastings and northings wouldn't match that of the model orientation.

I thought if I picked a few known points on the platform, keyed in the coordinates and then setup with these, I'd have what I need. However, I can't seem to setup with manually entered control points.

There is no known setup point in the workshop. I could physically measure and locate a point off the platform and give it known coordinates from the model but surely I can pick 3 points on the platform, that have known coordinates and make the total station think its down on site?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement