Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mattress problems

Options
  • 02-07-2018 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I purchased a king size cashmere majesty firm pocket sprung mattress mattress about a year ago from EZ Living. Despite rotating it every week or other week it is causing major backache for both of us. Anyone else found this problem? TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

A mattress is a standard product op in my experience.

Have you spoken to the seller.

Have you come across any reviews\ problems online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 D.oklynam

I've looked up online reviews but can't seem to find any at all. Its really causing major backache for both or us. It seems that when we rotate it we get about 2 or 3 nights of decent sleep but then the pain is back until its rotated again.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

imme wrote: »
    A mattress is a standard product op in my experience.

I completely disagree, a decent mattress is essential if you want a good nights sleep, a bad nights sleep can ruin your whole day/week/year.

Having worked in hotels for years, I can attest to their being a vast difference in the quality and comfort of mattresses, how long they last and how they support your spine.

I have never heard of Majesty Cashmere so can't comment on the quality but if I was to recommend a mattress, I would go for King Koil all day long.

Sleep on one of them for a few nights and you'll soon know that mattresses are not standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Do you believe the mattress is defective, or is it just not a mattress that suits yourselves?
    I've certainly slept on mattresses that I thought were fine and other people thought the same mattress was terrible and vise versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Mattresses have varying degrees of quality and cost.

unless this was expensive it probably wasnt really 'quality'

Personally ive only ever had good experiences with Sealy and Ikea ones, Ive bought middle of the road cheap ones before and they dont last any length of time. Awful crap after mere weeks.

you have to spend money on a decent mattress there is no way around that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

listermint wrote: »
    Mattresses have varying degrees of quality and cost.

unless this was expensive it probably wasnt really 'quality'

Personally ive only ever had good experiences with Sealy and Ikea ones, Ive bought middle of the road cheap ones before and they dont last any length of time. Awful crap after mere weeks.

you have to spend money on a decent mattress there is no way around that.

I'm sleeping on the same cheap mattress for 20 years

Never thought about changing it tbh

Do the expensive ones make a big difference to sleep quality

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Is this for legal discussion at all?. Looking for a more suitable forum.

All lawyers alway sleep soundly after a day's wprk well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

nuac wrote: »
    Mod

Possibly for the PIAB?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

nuac wrote: »
    Mod

Consumer Issues? (Cant remember the exact title)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

givyjoe wrote: »
    Consumer Issues? (Cant remember the exact title)

Good thinking (and spot on)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Different mattresses suit different people. Soft, me, firm. Thousands of individual springs or memory foam. All different & someone that likes one won't like a different type.

I doubt that there is anything wr with the mattress itself but more likely just doesn't suit you.

After 12 months I don't see what you can do unless you feel something has changed with the mattress over time. If nothing has changed with the mattress I think you will find you've left it too late to change your mind.

I had the same thing happen me about 10 years ago. We gave up on the mattress after the about 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bushcraft90

Have you tried a mattress topper? Might just add a bit of comfort! It worked for us in our rented apartment. They sell them in ikea for fairly reasonable prices

Moved to consumer issues after a trip around home appliances ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

Do you think the mattress is faulty? That's the key. Are all the coils still in their pockets, and is the integrity of the mattress frame fine?

you already know there are different firmness mattresses and one that suits one person may not suit another. thats personal preference.

if there is no fault, then there is no right to redress. Doesn't stop you calling the retailer/manufacturer and telling them you are unhappy with your purchase and seeing if they will offer you a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 D.oklynam

I have never heard of Majesty Cashmere so can't comment on the quality but if I was to recommend a mattress, I would go for King Koil all day long.

Snotty wrote:
    Do you believe the mattress is defective, or is it just not a mattress that suits yourselves? I've certainly slept on mattresses that I thought were fine and other people thought the same mattress was terrible and vise versa.

I don't know if it is defective. Maybe it just doesn't suit? I was hoping to get some advice 're good quality mattresses here. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Check out a respa mattress in store ( google your local supplier) and you'll see if there's a difference. I've had two from their range over the years, wouldn't go back to anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Check out a respa mattress in store ( google your local supplier) and you'll see if there's a difference. I've had two from their range over the years, wouldn't go back to anything else.

I had a Respa and it was awful. Changed to a John Lewis from bigmickey on the bargain alerts forum and it's a massive improvement.

Advertisement