Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Fantasy Football 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

If theres still space ill play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Sure, I'll forward an invite when I get home this evening.

As we have 15, I think I'll revert back to being a 1 QB team instead of 2 QBs, if no one has any major objections?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

Thats fine by me, i'm new to all this, is there anywhere thats really good for college info or mock draft?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

When are we going get this on the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

gstack166 wrote: »
    When are we going get this on the road

Only 4 people have entered in preferred dates in the new poll

JaMarcus wrote: »
    The teams that will be in our draft pool don't start until Thursday August 30th.

There's another "Week Zero" this year, with a handful of games (5 or 6) starting Saturday 25th August, but most leagues disregard/ignore this week so we'll do the same.

So there's a poll below for the nights leading up to the season opener, so we'll go with the most popular option from these. Would appreciate if everyone could vote (sorry to those who already voted in the earlier poll):

https://doodle.com/poll/9fepy4cu6mn6qx2n

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

I'll join if any more spots are free

Sent you an invite mooreman.

16 people have volunteered, 14 have signed up. Waiting on MayoSalmon and mooreman.

There is a zero tolerance (ish) policy on inactive participants. Fantrax allows me to see when you last logged in. If anybody misses a lineup or starts bye week players without a damn good excuse, they're out of the league. I will continue to adjust their lineup as commissioner based on the highest weekly projections. If for whatever reason I miss a lineup for an inactive team, I will set them after the fact (based on what projections were, not what they actually scored).

ie. Team ABC's manager goes AWOL. They have QB1 on a bye, QB2 with a projection of 25 and an actual score of 20, and QB3 with a projection of 20 and an actual score of 30, I will go back and put QB2 in the lineup as he was projected to be highest scorer.

This is to keep the league active and competitive, as history dictates that out of 16 players we'll be lucky to finish with 8 active.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Sent you an invite mooreman.

16 people have volunteered, 14 have signed up. Waiting on MayoSalmon and mooreman.

There is a zero tolerance (ish) policy on inactive participants. Fantrax allows me to see when you last logged in. If anybody misses a lineup or starts bye week players without a damn good excuse, they're out of the league. I will continue to adjust their lineup as commissioner based on the highest weekly projections. If for whatever reason I miss a lineup for an inactive team, I will set them after the fact (based on what projections were, not what they actually scored).

ie. Team ABC's manager goes AWOL. They have QB1 on a bye, QB2 with a projection of 25 and an actual score of 20, and QB3 with a projection of 20 and an actual score of 30, I will go back and put QB2 in the lineup as he was projected to be highest scorer.

This is to keep the league active and competitive, as history dictates that out of 16 players we'll be lucky to finish with 8 active.

I'm in the states with work the last week of September and first week of October and will be in a part of the world with less than stellar reception and possibly no wifi. Just to give you a heads up

I'm in the states with work the last week of September and first week of October and will be in a part of the world with less than stellar reception and possibly no wifi. Just to give you a heads up

No worries - once we've drafted, you should be able to set the lineup for any future gameweek you want, so maybe set those before you leave if you don't think you'll be able to set them when you're travelling.

I'm closing the above poll on Wednesday night, so anyone who has yet to vote please do. We'll pick the most popular time (I'll flip a coin if the most popular time is tied).

• Advertisement

With 8 votes, the draft time has been decided:

Sunday August 26th @ 9pm

Everyone has joined, so you're all welcome to rename your teams to whatever you want now. Cheers.

Rosters are as follows:

1 QB
    2 RB
    3 WR
    1 WR/TE Flex
    1 RB/WR/TE Flex

1 K
    1 DST

7 Bench

Cam you draft on your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

mooreman09 wrote:
    Cam you draft on your phone?

Is there an app can't find it on play store

I don't think you can draft on your phone.

There used to be an app but it was crap and discontinued. Just add a shortcut to the site to your home screen.

I don't think you can draft on your phone.

There used to be an app but it was crap and discontinued. Just add a shortcut to the site to your home screen.

Ah ok - I'm at a Wedding at that time! So was hoping to slyly draft on my phone!!! Presume you can preset selections?

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Ah ok - I'm at a Wedding at that time! So was hoping to slyly draft on my phone!!! Presume you can preset selections?

Yep you can set rankings. I'll check later on if you can draft on your phone and let you know.

I'm reliably informed that:

Yay - you can draft on your phone.

Nay - it's not at all recommended :pac:

I'd set your pre-draft rankings just in case your plan goes tits up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Is there a facility to select which positions you want drafted in each round eg. RB rd1 WR rd2 etc.

Doesn't seem to be but not really used to the new interface yet. I'm going to be in London this weekend so may need to auto draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Is there a facility to select which positions you want drafted in each round eg. RB rd1 WR rd2 etc.

Doesn't seem to be but not really used to the new interface yet. I'm going to be in London this weekend so may need to auto draft.

Nevermind got it sorted!

REMINDER

Draft tomorrow (Sunday) @ 9pm Irish Time

• Advertisement

The draft room is now open.

Romasuck State Cowboys have the #1 overall pick.

Sorry couldnt make it into draft

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Sorry couldnt make it into draft

Don’t worry your auto pick team will still be better than mine! I have no idea what I’m doing haha.

I had to autodraft, but actually turned out decent. Will make a few changes.

Thanks for organising Jamarcus. I'm intrigued .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I ended up with 27 Qb's (or alot ) couldnt get the draft to open on the phone.

Made a couple of changes but got to be straight up jamarcus after the first couple of rounds I just havent got the knowledge.

I ended up with 27 Qb's (or alot ) couldnt get the draft to open on the phone.

Made a couple of changes but got to be straight up jamarcus after the first couple of rounds I just havent got the knowledge.

College Fantasy Football is always just guesswork after the first few rounds anyway.

I'm in a pretty big league, and it's a money league too so people take it seriously, and yet last year's highest scoring player (McKenzie Milton) was only drafted in 2 out of 6 conferences (in the 19th round and 20th round respectively!).

Jonathan Taylor was the 3rd highest scoring RB, and he went undrafted in all 6 conferences. The highest scoring WR was David Sills, and he was drafted in all 6 but only between rounds 12 and 20.

We're all fairly clueless :)

i'm trying to learn about my players now.. don't even know if my team is good or bad..what channel is best to watch college ball or is there like an NFL game pass equivalent?

doledude86 wrote: »
    i'm trying to learn about my players now.. don't even know if my team is good or bad..what channel is best to watch college ball or is there like an NFL game pass equivalent?

On domestic TV, it's only on BT Sports (games are on all their channels - BT Sports 1, 2, 3 and BT Sports ESPN).

For online streams, keep an eye on www.reddit.com/r/cfbstreams. There will be good quality streams for almost any game you want to watch.

Alternatively, an IPTV subscription should have most US channels that will carry all the games, and shouldn't cost much more than £10 a month.

If you're ITT Tallaght, then you have a great team. Your starters are all excellent. Maybe a bit bare depth-wise, but the joy of CFF is that there'll be studs available on the waiver wire most weeks.

Some general tips - keep an eye on the total over/under and the spread for games. It's not uncommon to have games with expected totals of 70/80 points, so it's a good indicator that there may be some strong fantasy performances.

NFL teams can't afford to rest players any week as it's so competitive, but that's not true for college. Many of the big teams have FCS (Division 2) opponents this week, so while it may look like an easy game for one of your stud prospects, they don't always play the full game. Granted, they can still do lots of damage in limited snaps.

Some general tips - keep an eye on the total over/under and the spread for games. It's not uncommon to have games with expected totals of 70/80 points, so it's a good indicator that there may be some strong fantasy performances.

Bit in bold is sage advice

• Advertisement

Yeah i'm ITT tallaght, I have an IPTV subscription so thats good, ill have to keep up on the waiver..

Advertisement