Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to port landline from Blueface to Sky. Eir won't accept the number

Options
  • 02-07-2018 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Apologies if this is the wrong place to post...
    Just wanted to check something. I wanted to port my Blueface landline number (01) to Sky. Sky have come back and said Eir won't accept the number port as the number has never been on the Eir network (it was issued by Blueface originally).

Does this sound right?

Thanks for the help.

DC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

dcGT wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Apologies if this is the wrong place to post...
    Just wanted to check something. I wanted to port my Blueface landline number (01) to Sky. Sky have come back and said Eir won't accept the number port as the number has never been on the Eir network (it was issued by Blueface originally).

Does this sound right?

Thanks for the help.

DC

I have no idea if what you have been told is correct but perhaps you could contact Comreg for their opinion on the matter.

https://www.comreg.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

An option is to port the number to VoIP and use over Sky Broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

A geographic number is geographic number, Sky should be able to issue an order to the COMREG database to move it to them (BT Ireland). The OpenEir GNP probably won't work as thats authenticated by an account number thats non existent at this point in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

All they should need is the UAN (you'll get this from Blueface) and phone number.

If they won’t do it, you should query it with ComReg.

It wouldn’t make any sense if OpenEir could only lose numbers to other networks and wasn’t able to map numbers back to their landline systems.

Would you consider moving it to another VoIP provider and maybe just getting broadband only from Sky?

Advertisement