Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ground floor

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

More of the same....
    _ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    What difference does it make to you who I recommend and who I don't? That's my choice.
    I am entitled to give my own opinions and views on whatever systems or equipment I want. The same way as you are allowed recommend HKC for everything.
    That's it, everyone here does not have to explain every action and every post to you.
    Again you keep dragging who I work for and my work practices into everyone of your posts.
    I have explained what systems we use and I have also explained that all our monitored systems are not vis IP only and therefore not subject to power cuts. Yet you still keep making more false claims about this.
    Keep going round in circles it you want. Everyone can see your agenda. Again, I'm out.
    Look forward to your last word on this thread as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

KoolKid wrote: »
    More of the same....
    _ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Sorry to see you are so tired at this hour of the morning, pity you find my posts so boring, had you actually addressed the points i brought up and answered my questions then perhaps you would not be so bored.

What difference does it make to you who I recommend and who I don't? That's my choice.
    I am entitled to give my own opinions and views on whatever systems or equipment I want. The same way as you are allowed recommend HKC for everything.
    That's it, everyone here does not have to explain every action and every post to you.
    Again you keep dragging who I work for and my work practices into everyone of your posts.

Ah so you are saying now that you recommend, having earlier stated that you give people choices and options and all that, so its a recommendation now?
    Then you state that " It is my choice "

But that contradicts straight away what you always say about people having a right to choose what system suits them etc etc etc.

Nice of you to allow me to recommend HKC, but I do not recommend them for everything, as i have already mentioned, they have the Irish domestic market sussed and have solutions to those challenges and they tick all the boxes with regard to domestic intruder systems.

I am not asking anyone here to explain every action and every post to me, but it would be nice in a discussion that the other party might actually answer whatever questions arise.

I have explained what systems we use and I have also explained that all our monitored systems are not vis IP only and therefore not subject to power cuts. Yet you still keep making more false claims about this.
    Keep going round in circles it you want. Everyone can see your agenda. Again, I'm out.
    Look forward to your last word on this thread as well.

You did, however in this particular thread the OP wanted their system monitored.
    You came in and you were on about GSD and Free and you made a comparison to HKC and their charges etc.

Now if the OP needs their system monitored professionally and they opt for your GSD Free,, can you please again, ( This is only my 4 th time asking ) explain how the signal from the control panel will get to the monitoring station other than utilising the OP's broadband router ???????

I have already mentioned my professional concerns about this method.

I am unaware of any other method that will not have any cost implication on people such as the OP.

It is the way of a discussion that matters be addressed, you have not really entered into a proper discussion here so that was why it went round and round.

My agenda was to discuss what you mentioned in Post 3 of this thread.

You have failed to do that.

It is a pity once again that you have chosen to depart yet another discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

@kub

I wanna "upgrade" my alarm to Siemens.
    Convince me to buy a HKC please.

And the two of you...you need to get a room...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

OP, all the systems KUB and Koolkid mentioned are good.

If you can pick through the squabbling text there is good advice there.

I've used GSD, HKC and Siemens kit. (as a client) and they all did a good job.

Yes there are some issues around payment for apps and polling times.

Essentially you could argue HKC does not have polling as the times are very long between checks , the horse would have left the stable before you'd be notified.

It's still a very robust system with a huge amount of supplier options, you just need to see if polling is critical for you.

Again if you read the charter this forum has a lot of users from the trade, some have preferences and commercial alignments with certain manufactures.

The main thing to do is to get the coverage right, don't just use pirs, detect attempts to break-in.

When getting your quotes make sure you check like with like and supply the contractors with a requirement list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

rolion wrote:
    I wanna "upgrade" my alarm to Siemens. Convince me to buy a HKC please.

Siemens have top class equipment and I would certainly recommend them.
    Get their 5300 keypad flush fitted, it is the best one out there.
    Just avoid the free notification stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 skedaddling

Thanks everyone. A lot to think about but get quotes and protecting he exterior seem to be key.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That's a good start allright.
    If you need anything else give us a shout back here .

Advertisement