Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widening driveway entrance

Options
  • 02-07-2018 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I live in a housing estate at the end of a quiet cul de sac and i was hoping to convert the front garden to accommodate 2 cars.
    The changes I'd plan to make would include removing 3 meters of wall and dropping the curb at the front to allow a car to drive up.
    Would anybody know if I'd need planing permission for this and the likelihood of getting it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Yes you need planning

The ‘likelihood’ will subject to site specifics

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

As BryanF says, you need planning permission.

Usually councils will limit width of widened vehicular entrances to a total width of approx. 3.5m. Anything wider than that is unlikely to be allowed.

Advertisement