Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They're Alive!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Stephen Speilberg to direct the film I'd say. A role for Tom Hanks somewhere in it.

Urgh, I hope not.

Not much to add to what’s been said only: PHEW!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Urgh, I hope not.

Not much to add to what’s been said only: PHEW!

Ah, I love me some Tom Hanks.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭largepants

Stephen Speilberg to direct the film I'd say. A role for Tom Hanks somewhere in it.

Neymar to play the part of the lead diver. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Timothy Spall and Johnny Vegas to play the two British divers :D

Seriously though, brilliant news and a positive outcome for humanity.

Ah, I love me some Tom Hanks.

He’s not very versatile. And plays Tom Hanks in everything. When he strays from that, he tends to be miscast. I don’t get the love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Seeing as one of them is an IT consultant has to be Chris O'Dowd from the IT crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

largepants wrote: »

Well he is no longer the best diving footballer in the world

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

eb66212cdd816d871040293ecb118138.png

He’s not very versatile. And plays Tom Hanks in everything. When he strays from that, he tends to be miscast. I don’t get the love.

It's Tom Hanks, he's awesome and non rapey.

All Eyes On Rafah

largepants wrote: »

Ffs, the film will be eight hours long with the amount of rolling around before he gets near the cave.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

It's Tom Hanks, he's awesome and non rapey.

That’s... interesting criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Welling up here in work reading that.

They will think hard old me is gone soft in her old age.

Such a brave man.

RIP.

That’s... interesting criteria.

Which part?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭HappySerious

Its fantastic news they are safe but considering they need a good while to recover they won't make it to Russia. Some other big game next year perhaps...be some cheer for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

They had torches. They also had good BMI scores. It struck me as soon as I seen the video of them. I said them lads will survive they all have robust immune systems.

I remembered you saying this yesterday, because, well, you're always saying it, It's your joke...but I thought you might be glad to know that you were correct :D

"The kids are footballers so they have high immune systems," Mr Jedsada Chokdumrongsuk, permanent secretary at the Public Health Ministry said. "Everyone is in high spirits and are happy to get out. But we will have a psychiatrist to evaluate them."

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/twelve-boys-and-football-coach-rescued-from-flooded-cave-in-thailand-after-17-day-ordeal-37100207.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,863 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Delighted they are all out safe and well.

Can't wait for the film. I think Christopher Nolan should direct it.

I have the script wrote already so if he wants contact me. My number is 08 not.

We need good actors for the film. No T hanks thank you. He has ruined enough films already.

I think Chris Pine and Colm Meaney should be in it maybe Robert Downey too. Could have Zoe Saldana in it as a reporter and the irish actress that was in Star Wars.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Malayalam wrote: »
    I remembered you saying this yesterday, because, well, you're always saying it, It's your joke...but I thought you might be glad to know that you were correct :D

"The kids are footballers so they have high immune systems," Mr Jedsada Chokdumrongsuk, permanent secretary at the Public Health Ministry said. "Everyone is in high spirits and are happy to get out. But we will have a psychiatrist to evaluate them."

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/twelve-boys-and-football-coach-rescued-from-flooded-cave-in-thailand-after-17-day-ordeal-37100207.html

Absolutely PMSL at this.

Not robust though please, any other word but robust.

AMKC wrote: »
    Delighted they are all out safe and well.

Can't wait for the film. I think Christopher Nolan should direct it.

I have the script wrote already so if he wants contact me. My number is 08 not.

We need good actors for the film. No T hanks thank you. He has ruined enough films already.

I think Chris Pine and Colm Meaney should be in it maybe Robert Downey too. Could have Zoe Saldana in it as a reporter and the irish actress that was in Star Wars.

We're having Tom Fcukkng Hanks and that is that.

Although I'm all on board for Colm Meaney to play Elon Musk.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Maybe they could cast one or two Thai people in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Not gonna happen now but I have a picture in my head of them being cheered onto the field before the World Cup final (instead of all that closing ceremony ****e) and being presented with the trophy.

Oh man I be like...
    giphy.gif
    :o:o:o

• Advertisement

Man U have invited them over as well, given that they miss the world cup

Maybe they could cast one or two Thai people in it?

Sure, we will always need extras.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acai berry

Its fantastic news they are safe but considering they need a good while to recover they won't make it to Russia. Some other big game next year perhaps...be some cheer for them.

On Sky News, they're suggesting that there will be loads of invitations from large teams such as Man United, for the boys to travel there, at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭GBX

anewme wrote: »
    Man U have invited them over as well, given that they miss the world cup

While it will take a while for them to return to normal... the school and parents should not allow them travel and pile more misery on them by visiting Man U :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acai berry

GBX wrote: »
    While it will take a while for them to return to normal... the school and parents should not allow them travel and pile more misery on them by visiting Man U :pac:

LOLOL!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Great news; now maybe they can do something about the thousands of children they keep locked up in cages in concentration camps 23½ hours a day.

12400776_1510165589313000_1018540772565753018_n.jpg

https://www.hrw.org/report/2014/09/01/two-years-no-moon/immigration-detention-children-thailand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Some people giving Musk a hammering, I think he did well to assemble something and get it over there.

In different circumstances it might have saved lives.

Great to hear the doc and seals are out by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭ebbsy

sabat wrote: »
    Great news; now maybe they can do something about the thousands of children they keep locked up in cages in concentration camps 23½ hours a day.

12400776_1510165589313000_1018540772565753018_n.jpg

https://www.hrw.org/report/2014/09/01/two-years-no-moon/immigration-detention-children-thailand

Thailand cannot afford refugees or illegals.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

ebbsy wrote: »
    Thailand cannot afford refugees or illegals.

You realise you just casually dismissed keeping children in cages for years with the standard line trotted out by the military junta? Think about it man...

Advertisement