Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They're Alive!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭ebbsy

sabat wrote: »
    You realise you just casually dismissed keeping children in cages for years with the standard line trotted out by the military junta? Think about it man...

Illegals should not bring their kids to Thailand. Whether its right or wrong they have a harsh policy in this regard. Boats are pushed back out to sea.

As I said, they c'ant afford these people.

Everybody knows the score already.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

acai berry wrote: »
    On Sky News, they're suggesting that there will be loads of invitations from large teams such as Man United, for the boys to travel there, at a later date.

Is 'Coach' invited too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acai berry

Is 'Coach' invited too?
    No detail given regarding that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

Is 'Coach' invited too?

We don't know yet what this coach did in the 9 days to possibly save their lives. Give him a break......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

ebbsy wrote: »
    Thailand cannot afford refugees or illegals.

Sure but that's total bull****, their King has a net worth of $30-60 billion

http://www.france24.com/en/20170717-thailand-king-monarchy-military-junta-palace-wealth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

I cant understand posters who can take any story
    Even this amazing rescue, and twist it into something bad, using it for an agenda that has nothing to do with it.
    Musk
    Putin
    FIFA
    And now immigration policies
    WTF?
    You just don't hear conversations like this In Real Life.

Is 'Coach' invited too?

You would hope so.
    Coach brought them in there on an adventure which went wrong so they had to venture further into the cave to save themselves.
    It wasn't the plan to go that far.
    The Kids families have forgiven him so everyone else should.

If Kids stay at home playing Ipads, people complain, if they adventure, people complain :mad::mad:

Sure but that's total bull****, their King has a net worth of $30-60 billion

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

ebbsy wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Lackey wrote: »
    Even this amazing rescue, and twist it into something bad, using it for an agenda that has nothing to do with it.
    Musk
    Putin
    FIFA
    WTF?

Was thinking this earlier....

Yay a happy thread....aaaand it's gone :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

You would hope so.
    Coach brought them in there on an adventure which went wrong so they had to venture further into the cave to save themselves.
    It wasn't the plan to go that far.
    The Kids families have forgiven him so everyone else should.

I read elsewhere that he didn't bring them there but that they went themselves as part of their pre-game ritual. When the parents approached him after their children went missing and he realised where they went and went after them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Musk
    Putin
    FIFA
    WTF?

Really? You don’t? I’m surrounded by cynics in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acai berry

....... wrote: »

Couldn't have said it better!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

It was great news and a great outcome, I hope everyone involved stays safe in the coming days on the clean up operation. There is still alot of work to be done with 4km of diving, caving, pumping equipment to be extracated as well as the above ground setup.

If it were'nt for World Cup match tonight, the RIGOLO family would be eating Thai, it will have to wait until lunch time tomorrow. All this talk of basil and pork has made me want a taste. 
    Cant wait to hear the stories, please keep the thread open. Perhaps when the lads get back to their day-to-day jobs their colleagues might comment they aint been about the office for a bit, where you on holidays.. you could say that I went to Thailand , on a busmans holiday kind of thing. 

There are un-assuming heroes like the rescuers going about doing their jobs everyday of the week all over the world, obviously in this case they stepped it up a few levels. But it was a welcome change from the celebrity nonsense . 
    Id hope it might make people reset their moral and 'values' compass a bit but thats probably too much of a stretch. Nonetheless  Im convinced there were plenty people inspired by this story, who will go out and be the next generation of rescuers and givers.

Neyite wrote: »
    I read elsewhere that he didn't bring them there but that they went themselves as part of their pre-game ritual. When the parents approached him after their children went missing and he realised where they went and went after them.

I did see that but it was linked to Fox News so I completely disregarded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Great news.
    And they didn't even have to get Sting to sing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I did see that but it was linked to Fox News so I completely disregarded it.

Sorry, i just couldn't resist.

wexie wrote: »
    Musk
    Putin
    FIFA
    WTF?

True

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Absolute respect for every single person involved in the rescue . From divers to organisers , water pumpers , those who fed the rescuers and organised oxygen tanks , those who supported in any way
    Its was an amazing well orgainised dignified fantastic rescue

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

wexie wrote: »

NO

You don't get to say that, and not use the pic!!!!!

and-its-gone_o_628022.jpg

All Eyes On Rafah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

I've been following this for the last couple of weeks and I really thought it was going to end in disaster. Delighted that all are out safely. I admire the way they kept the media away from the rescue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

“Announcing the completion of the operation, rescue chief and Chiang Rai acting Governor Narongsak Osottanakorn praised the efforts of the international team, declaring that the success had been down to the 'POWER OF LOVE'.”

The World Cup 2018 will always be remembered for the team that never even played. But won the hearts of the World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

SirChenjin wrote: »
    I am in awe of those divers and all of those involved in the rescue effort. I can't even put into words how much I admire the courage and bravery of all, including the youngsters in the cave.

Sad of course, that one life has been lost - hoping against hope that all others emerge safely.

Just returning to thread to repeat this. I'm in awe of all involved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Nor do you get pontificated to by some 15 year old who thinks he is an expert in whatever he last read a wikipedia page on.

Online is full of the most disgusting, foul, psychopathic and pathetic beings who probably go round in real life pretending they are normal.

Believe it or not, I've actually been in that place I posted the picture from. The ridiculously aggressive reactions from posters seem to be because I'm ruining the buzz they're getting from this story, because that's all it really is to them at the end of the day-a TV movie of the week with a happy ending. If the children had drowned straight away we wouldn't even have heard about it or forgotten it soon after.
    If you think I'm "disgusting foul psychopathic pathetic" for drawing attention to the plight of other children who need rescuing-after all from reading the thread one can only assume that this must the most empathetic group of humanists in Ireland-well maybe you need to look at yourself.

Jesus, will you just fuk off and make a new thread. You're poison.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Right, nice story, time to unfollow...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Will you relax the head? Such an overreaction.

I’m simply saying that when discussing this story with various people in real life, some cynicism crept in about various aspects at time. Namely, whether the coach was such a great guy or was he foolhardy and whether Musky was using this as a PR opportunity. Shall I pretend that didn’t happen?

You added in a lot of crap that neither I nor the person I responded to mentioned. Spelling and grammar corrections? What? Of course that doesn’t happen in spoken conversation.

That’s super and all that you know not of any cynics but I do and my life is no less rich because of it. Actually, I find that cynics help push critical thinking.

I also think that if you are encountering such negativity online all the time, you’re doing it wrong. :)

Advertisement