Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SeaFest 2018

Options
  • 02-07-2018 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

Had a brilliant day out again this year. Went Sat morning and really liked the new layout. No longer was the market along the dock where things got clogged between vendors, people eating, and people waiting in line to board the ships. Was much more pleasant and enjoyable to stroll around without the crush of people. Everything still there, just organised differently and for the better. Great event. Well done to all involved!

Comments

Had a brilliant day out again this year. Went Sat morning and really liked the new layout. No longer was the market along the dock where things got clogged between vendors, people eating, and people waiting in line to board the ships. Was much more pleasant and enjoyable to stroll around without the crush of people. Everything still there, just organised differently and for the better. Great event. Well done to all involved!

Couldn't agree more. Was there last year and again on Sunday. Last year was good, this year was great. Much easier to get around and had time to check out everything without fighting crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Storm 10

It was great this year really enjoyed it, sadly its no on next year wonder will they put anything else on

Storm 10 wrote: »
    It was great this year really enjoyed it, sadly its no on next year wonder will they put anything else on

Really? Damn that's a shame, it's a brilliant event

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

For me the highlight was the series of talks by cameraman Doug Allan. His presentations about his work filming polar bears and killer whales for the David Attenborough programmes were fascinating. I visited SeaFest on Saturday with family and came back on Sunday to catch another one of Dougs presentations.

I didn’t actually visit the market stalls on either visit, they were a bit out of the way compared to last time. Better position as they didn’t cause a blockage but there was no passing trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

It was great this year really enjoyed it, sadly its no on next year

Pity. Where did you hear that? Source?

• Advertisement

Pity. Where did you hear that? Source?

Each area gets it for 2 years it was such a success in Galway they extended it, Dublin next year and so on its not a Galway only event heard it on Saturday from one of the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Each area gets it for 2 years it was such a success in Galway they extended it, Dublin next year and so on its not a Galway only event heard it on Saturday from one of the organisers.

Balls. That’s a pity, was a really well run event, with nice crowds which brought a good buzz around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

But this was the third year here. And it started here unless I'm mistaken.

Okay you heard it from an unnamed source but I'm hoping you've been misinformed.

Okay you heard it from an unnamed source but I'm hoping you've been misinformed.

To be honest I hope what I was told is wrong as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I heard Cork from a few organisers! So unlikely that it will be Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 MarysCurtins

It started in Cork and that's where it's going back to next year, back in Galway in 2020 as part of the European Capital of Culture. Source, i'm involved in the organisation of the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

It started in Cork and that's where it's going back to next year...

Wow I always thought it was a Galway creation, but yes did a search and found this;

https://www.ouroceanwealth.ie/seafest-2015
    Seafest.PNG
    For me the highlight was the series of talks by cameraman Doug Allan.

He has given a couple of talks in Galway in the last few years - worth keeping an eye out for!

It started in Cork and that's where it's going back to next year, back in Galway in 2020 as part of the European Capital of Culture. Source, i'm involved in the organisation of the event.

Well done its a great event, is there any hope that you could get a real tall ship for the next one like the Argentinian Navy "Libertad" that was in Galway harbour a few years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARA_Libertad_(Q-2)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MarysCurtins

Well done its a great event, is there any hope that you could get a real tall ship for the next one like the Argentinian Navy "Libertad" that was in Galway harbour a few years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARA_Libertad_(Q-2)

Thanks but I wouldn't be involved in the big calls like that,more logistics and coordinating various bits. definitely wouldn't mind a tall ship like that myself either :)

Advertisement