Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a Mobile Home in Donegal

• 02-07-2018 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello All.
    I am brand new here and looking for some help,advice,info on the above subject.Iam retired and been living in Spain for a number of years now,I have decided that July,August and September in Southern Spain are no longer for me and decided to look at buying a Mobile home to use during these months and so be independent and not be putting upon my family. I have been searching around Fanad,Downings,Rosnowlagh and Bundoran and am becoming increasingly frustrated that I am not able to find a site where I do not have to spend 35k on a new caravan or to get a straightforward answer as to how old or long you can put a caravan on a site if it is not new.I do have a healthy budget in my opinion and would like to buy nearly new(2,3years old) but not getting anywhere fast. Any comments,help/ advice/info would be really greatfully received.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Henrik 20 wrote: »
    Hello All.
    I am brand new here and looking for some help,advice,info on the above subject.Iam retired and been living in Spain for a number of years now,I have decided that July,August and September in Southern Spain are no longer for me and decided to look at buying a Mobile home to use during these months and so be independent and not be putting upon my family. I have been searching around Fanad,Downings,Rosnowlagh and Bundoran and am becoming increasingly frustrated that I am not able to find a site where I do not have to spend 35k on a new caravan or to get a straightforward answer as to how old or long you can put a caravan on a site if it is not new.I do have a healthy budget in my opinion and would like to buy nearly new(2,3years old) but not getting anywhere fast. Any comments,help/ advice/info would be really greatfully received.

Mullaghmore is nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Have you tried these lads:

https://johnstonscaravans.ie/

Based in Letterkenny always see them on the road moving mobile homes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,088 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is it a static caravan you want to live in?
    Would you consider any other options?

Would you consider other parts of Donegal, or are you fixed to the locations you list?

I saw a property for sale recently, with a very competitive price, but it's in Inishowen. If you want I could send you the link to it via pm

I have no connection with the property by the way, just seen it for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Henrik 20

Thanks All for your replies,
    I looked at Mullaghmore,really a great location,but I just have it down as about 30 mins outside my driving comfort zone.
    I have been in contact with Johnstons,they have been the most helpful of the dealers I have spoken to,they have a lot of good statics for sale,but their issue is that they don't have sites to put them on,I am keeping in contact with them to see if we can progress anything.
    Inman,please pm me the details,I will look at anything but I am attracted to mobile home by of course the price ,close to beach locations,and the holiday,lock up and go feeling that I imagine I can get from it.I will try to figure out how to read pm's
    Thanks again all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,088 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Here's the property I seen
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/property-for-sale/log-cabin-holiday-home-co.donegal-for-sale-/1290752065

IMHO, its a fantastic price, as it comes fully furnished with all appliances, so you could walk into it without having to do or spend anything else.

Its in a nice location too, but maybe too far North for you?
    Greencastle is a lovely village, and with Moville nearby you have plenty of amenities. You also are only a 20min drive to Derry City, so you have everything you need there if you need a city environment, airport etc.

You also have the Greencastle Ferry to Magilligan, so a short ride over to the North coast of NI, another nice part of the country.

Maybe its even open to offers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Henrik 20

I have exhausted all avenues in Rosnowlagh,No Sites available,not even for new Mobiles,seems to be a popular place,but with such wonderful beaches I can see why.My son is moving on to search around Bundoran,just wondering if anyone has any comments on the location,sites,costs,etc,etc,any info would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,333 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have exhausted all avenues in Rosnowlagh,No Sites available,not even for new Mobiles,seems to be a popular place,but with such wonderful beaches I can see why.My son is moving on to search around Bundoran,just wondering if anyone has any comments on the location,sites,costs,etc,etc,any info would be great.
    Better keeping the posts on the same topic in the same thread. New thread merged with this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭lalababa

Hello All.

Try friendly non greedy farmers in the location, lease a half an acre for 5 yrs , tell them everything and that you will keep it clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

if you want to live in the hills
    http://croaghcaravanpark.com

have you tried round narin/portnoo

Advertisement