Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Accommodation in NYC

Options
  • 02-07-2018 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Going over to New York on Irish work and travel one year Visa and looking for accommodation in New York City, does anyone have any recommendations in terms of places and sites to look. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭knockoutned

StreetEasy is similar to daft or myhome. Make sure you look for apartments that are “No fee”. Otherwise, you can end up paying a realtor which can be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

I got my accommodation on Craigslist. That was 7 years ago so may not be as popular now but found it good for looking for rooms in apartments. If you lease they want a load of info like credit ratings and references so your prob better of trying to sub let.. also id recommend the boroughs rather then the city. Be cheaper I stayed in queens, right next to subway and into the city in 15mins on it..great bars in queens, Brooklyn and the bronx as well.. subway runs all night as well..

Advertisement