Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house mate rolling lease

Options
  • 02-07-2018 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

deleted

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

R0u wrote: »
    Hi,

Me and my ex house mate moved into an apartment in September 2016 and have been in the property since, we originally signed a lease for 1 year and when that ended we informed the landlord we intended to take it again for another year and he said no problem.

My room mate has since moved out and when I was talking to the landlord about getting someone in he said there was no need for a new lease when I get someone in as it's a rolling lease.

Now i've found someone to move in but he is talking about signing a lease. I'm not sure how that works out. Can his name just be updated on the "rolling lease"?

Thanks,
    Ryan
    When he is there 6 months he can ask to be a tenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 R0u

deleted

Can you explain that in a bit more detail? Why does he need to wait for 6 months before he can ask to be a tenant?

He starts off as your licensee. When he is there 6 months he can ask to be a tenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 R0u

4ensic15 wrote: »
    He starts off as your licensee. When he is there 6 months he can ask to be a tenant.

Hmm okay, so if he was to pay a deposit it should go to me and not the landlord?

Hmm okay, so if he was to pay a deposit it should go to me and not the landlord?

It should go to you. You may have to give it to the landlord.

• Advertisement
Advertisement