Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Customs clearance

• 02-07-2018 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi
    I am wondering if anyone can help. I bought LEGO from aliexpress and now my package is stuck in customs. I bought LEGO from a company called LEPIN who copy LEGO creations but don’t counterfeit as LEGO trademark doesn’t appear anywhere on their designs.
    My question is will customs see this as counterfeit and destroy the goods .
    This is a present for my sons birthday and the value of the goods I bought was €92 but the same product from LEGO is €350 which I cannot afford . Before you throw hate at me for purchasing this I am a single father of 4 kids and have a very limited budget so please understand my situation.
    I am terrified that they will destroy it and I have no extra money for his birthday, so my question is will this be destroyed even though the LEGO trademark does not appear anywhere on the entire package.
    Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

So they COPY lego creations???

Eh, design copyright.

I suspect you won't be seeing the package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If they open it they'll destroy it. If you send over the invoice to them and it's like building blocks or something it might pass. Good luck. Get in touch with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭shay1604

CeilingFly wrote: »

Eh, design copyright.

Thanks for comment

RossieMan wrote: »
    If they open it they'll destroy it. If you send over the invoice to them and it's like building blocks or something it might pass. Good luck. Get in touch with them.

I sent them invoice today , I’ll know more in the next few days but I’m just really anxious that it will get destroyed, even if they destroy the instructions would I be able to keep the bricks? Thanks for the constructive comment I appreciate the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

shay1604 wrote: »
    even if they destroy the instructions would I be able to keep the bricks?

Very Unlikely.

• Advertisement

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Very Unlikely.

Ok thanks I’ll keep my fingers crossed 🀞

If it doesn't arrive, you should be able to do a chargeback from credit card, but don't mention anything about it being "a copy".

Simply say it did not get delivered.

Aside from that, might be better to have your son's expectations a little lower - not overly easy to do though in today's consumer world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Eh, design copyright.

LEGO has gone through a ROCKY BUSINESS PERIOD:

So LEGO is going to act robustly in a legal context, and will want action in this regard.

If it doesn't arrive, you should be able to do a chargeback from credit card, but don't mention anything about it being "a copy".

Simply say it did not get delivered.

Aside from that, might be better to have your son's expectations a little lower - not overly easy to do though in today's consumer world

I agree 100% but I told him if he did good in school I’d get it for him . A friend put me into this site and now I regret it . I should have just saved what I could. It says on the site that if it’s not delivered in a certain time I get a full refund . Which is up in 4 days . Thanks for the helpful comment it’s much appreciated

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    LEGO has gone through a ROCKY BUSINESS PERIOD:

Not by any measure. Sales dropped last year, but still came in at €4.7 Billion!
    That's 450% higher than the 2007 sales, but down 8% on their best ever year of 2016.

• Advertisement

You'll have zero chance of keeping anything if they find it In breach. I'd be interested to hear what they decide. I'd say it'll depend on what the invoice states the product is.

You'll have zero chance of keeping anything if they find it In breach. I'd be interested to hear what they decide. I'd say it'll depend on what the invoice states the product is.

It has picture of the car and beside it it says blue racing model car . This is exactly what I send them. I will let you know the outcome as soon as I know anything . Thanks for the comment it’s not looking good for me

Ah you got it sent with DHL, thats where you made the mistake. They will always charge you for customs. It's not the worst thing, being honest. Means you'll probably get it. They'll just charge you about 25-30 euro for the privilige.

Ah you got it sent with DHL, thats where you made the mistake. They will always charge you for customs. It's not the worst thing, being honest. Means you'll probably get it. They'll just charge you about 25-30 euro for the privilige.

Oh really I don’t mind to be honest paying 25-30 just to get it . Thank you so much for the help

You should hear back around lunch time tomorrow or so from previous experience. Hopefully good news.

You should hear back around lunch time tomorrow or so from previous experience. Hopefully good news.

Thanks again I will let you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,551 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It has picture of the car and beside it it says blue racing model car . This is exactly what I send them. I will let you know the outcome as soon as I know anything . Thanks for the comment it’s not looking good for me

that is a direct copy of a lego set so you might be out of luck

It is even called lego ing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,551 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is even called lego ing

yeah they didnt try. Oddly it has 400 more pieces than the official set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Where in the country are you? I'm sure I have some full Lego sets that my kids have grown out of that you can have if it's gets destroyed.
    I was a single father of 3 also at one time and I know how tough it can be financially and what strain it can take on your own mental health.

• Advertisement

Ya this is what I am afraid of all I can do is hope

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

At that value it was going to be nabbed by customs, no matter who shipped it.

idnkph wrote: »
    Where in the country are you? I'm sure I have some full Lego sets that my kids have grown out of that you can have if it's gets destroyed.
    I was a single father of 3 also at one time and I know how tough it can be financially and what strain it can take on your own mental health.

Hi
    Just saw this comment now , I am down south of the country on tipp -cork border. Thank you for the kind offer but I’ll figure something out. Thanks for understanding my situation and you’re dead right it’s very hard mentally to keep all the balls juggling and keeping everyone happy. Thank you again for the kind offer it is very much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

shay1604 wrote:
    Hi Just saw this comment now , I am down south of the country on tipp -cork border. Thank you for the kind offer but I’ll figure something out. Thanks for understanding my situation and you’re dead right it’s very hard mentally to keep all the balls juggling and keeping everyone happy. Thank you again for the kind offer it is very much appreciated

No bother. Keep the chin up and don't be afraid to lean on people when you need to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

whiterebel wrote: »
    At that value it was going to be nabbed by customs, no matter who shipped it.

If it goes AP its actual C&R agents scanning, with a courier its their own staff on behalf of Customs. They only care about the cash and not infringements.

Hi all
    Just got it delivered this morning , had to pay tax of €35 but still a bargain at €125 in total . Thanks to everyone for the helpful comments and generosity. It was truly appreciated thanks again
    Seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

give DHL a copy of your invoice and payment details (paypal etc). it wont be destroyed ... i have experience in this area.

Hi all
    Just got it delivered this morning , had to pay tax of €35 but still a bargain at €125 in total . Thanks to everyone for the helpful comments and generosity. It was truly appreciated thanks again
    Seamus

With 4031 pieces, - that's 4031 chances of walking on a lego brick in bare feet, you may yet wish Customs kept it :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kavo89

<Snip> Have a look at the charter before posting again.

• Advertisement

With 4031 pieces, - that's 4031 chances of walking on a lego brick in bare feet, you may yet wish Customs kept it :D:D:D

:D it’s the worst pain known to man :D

Advertisement