Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass word

Options
  • 02-07-2018 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Hi Admin,
    I normally access from my work computer, this has the 'do you want to save this now' feature. Which is great as it means I don't have to attempt to input my password over and over, but this computer is dying and will soon be dispatched.

The problem is that I cant remember my password to access boards from the other laptop/pc/phone.

Is it possible to access my password here(I don't have the tech knowledge to get it out of the computer memory) so I can use it to access boards using the other tech?

Tks

BB

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Bredabe wrote: »
    Hi Admin,
    I normally access from my work computer, this has the 'do you want to save this now' feature. Which is great as it means I don't have to attempt to input my password over and over, but this computer is dying and will soon be dispatched.

The problem is that I cant remember my password to access boards from the other laptop/pc/phone.

Is it possible to access my password here(I don't have the tech knowledge to get it out of the computer memory) so I can use it to access boards using the other tech?

Tks

BB

What browser are you using?

You'll be able to go into the settings menu and view all the passwords that you have saved with various sites

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’m sorry, but we can’t access your password for you.

Do you still have access to the email address that you used to sign up?If you do, you can use the “Forgot your password?” link to reset your password and you can choose something new that you can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

dudara wrote: »
    I’m sorry, but we can’t access your password for you.

Do you still have access to the email address that you used to sign up?If you do, you can use the “Forgot your password?” link to reset your password and you can choose something new that you can remember

Thanks for reminding me of that, I found the activation email and requested the password reset email, twice. That was about 30 mins ago and it's not arrived yet and the option has been removed from the original email.

What is the next step?

Rgds,
    BB

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Bredabe,

You could drop us an e-mail at hello@boards.ie, mentioning the e-mail address that your account is registered to, and we can manually reset the password for you. Then you will be able to change your password here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editpassword

Hi Bredabe,

You could drop us an e-mail at hello@boards.ie, mentioning the e-mail address that your account is registered to, and we can manually reset the password for you. Then you will be able to change your password here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editpassword

Hi, I emailed the hello address from the email I gave when I opened. It refers me to a link that was supposed to help me with my password, but it opened to the boards home page. There was also a link to help me reset my password, but it needs my old one to do that, now if I could remember that...........! I wouldn't be bothering you with my absentmindedness.

So, whats next?

Rgds,
    BB

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Bredabe,
    Mark emailed a new password to you and instructions on where to set a new password of your own when you had logged in with the temporary one.

Can you
    - log out
    - log back in with the new password supplied by Mark
    - click on the link he emailed to you
    - enter the password he sent to you in the field for 'present password'
    - choose a new password for future use
    - Click 'Save Changes'

That should have you sorted.

Hi Bredabe,
    Mark emailed a new password to you and instructions on where to set a new password of your own when you had logged in with the temporary one.

Can you
    - log out
    - log back in with the new password supplied by Mark
    - click on the link he emailed to you
    - enter the password he sent to you in the field for 'present password'
    - choose a new password for future use
    - Click 'Save Changes'

That should have you sorted.

Hi Niamh,
    I did that yesterday and it worked for a while and then it didn't, I think tho that was my fault, as I've deliberately signed in and out a lot of times today without issue.

Thanks
    BB

Advertisement