Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yukka Plant Help

Options
  • 02-07-2018 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a Yukka indoor plant - I have it approximately 6/7 years. In the first few years it was getting loads of sunlight and doing really well. Where I am situated now it is not tetting much light. Lately tte main stems have been wilting/twisting and eventually the weight of the leaves give way - I have been forves to cut them back.
    I read an article and had not been really watering it much the last while. I gave it a good water recently and placed it outside to allow the excess water run through the pot.

Is the plant beyond saving at this point? What is causing the main stems to appear to wilt - lack of daylight/watering?
    A friend who is into plants has offered to take it to try revive it and place in an area of a lot of daylight.

Would appreciate any feedback on this.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭standardg60

If it's in a nice sunny spot outside now I would leave it where it is for a couple of months, it's more than warm enough.
    If it's ok it will recover, yuccas need plenty of light.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

I had a 12/13ft Yukka that I bought for the house. Had it a dark space for 6 months until I moved in and and the majority of the leaves wilted. It was outside my backdoor for another 6 months and decided to cut it in half and go again. Looks superb now. I even kept 2-3ft lengths of the trunk and planted them in pots. They are getting on well too. Appears impossible to kill!

Advertisement