Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Computer Science Part-time

Options
  • 02-07-2018 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi,

I work full time as a Software Engineer. I want to pursue a masters part-time. Has anyone here done this in UCD?

The UCD website says: "While the programme offers some modules with evening classes, and some modules that are mainly taught online, these options are limited, and it is not normally possible to complete this degree without substantial regular attendance at day time lectures and practicals on campus in UCD."

This doesn't sound conducive with full-time employment. But then what's the point of a part-time masters? What I'm really asking is, is this an exaggeration? Is there a way to do both at the same time? Anyone who's managed to do it could give me valuable information on how.

I appreciate any advice thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hi,

I work full time as a Software Engineer. I want to pursue a masters part-time. Has anyone here done this in UCD?

The UCD website says: "While the programme offers some modules with evening classes, and some modules that are mainly taught online, these options are limited, and it is not normally possible to complete this degree without substantial regular attendance at day time lectures and practicals on campus in UCD."

This doesn't sound conducive with full-time employment. But then what's the point of a part-time masters? What I'm really asking is, is this an exaggeration? Is there a way to do both at the same time? Anyone who's managed to do it could give me valuable information on how.

I appreciate any advice thank you
    I did a two year part time masters in management of information systems in trinity. It involved classes on Mon and Tues and a few busy weekends but worth it in the end found course good as well.

I will say though group work was a pain in the arse with some people not pulling their weight!

Advertisement