Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes to Terms & Conditions to Employment?

Options
  • 02-07-2018 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

My company was hiring internally & was asked if I'd be interested in the job.
    It was a very different job to the one I had - new job title, new division etc
    Eventually, I decided to take the job & was told a new contract would be issued to me.
    A few months later & I have just received an "Agreement - Changes to Terms & Conditions of Current Employment" & uses language, such as, "This Agreement represents the entire understanding & agreement of the parties & supersedes all prior communications, agreements, & understandings relating to the subject matter hereof" & company "reserves the right to change the above T&C's on the evaluation date agreed or revert back to the original t&c's of employment"

I am livid, here's why

1) I was told that I was applying for and that I was succeeded in securing new role/job title
    2) This was communicated to my old team (in email)
    3) There is no mention of new job title in this document
    4) It states that there's an "evaluation date" No such date was ever discussed.
    5) I am with same company a number of years & therefore probation period does not apply.

What, if any, are my rights here. I really feel as if they're trying to pull a fast one on me here & would like to know where I stand.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement