Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Carrick-On-Suir like to live in

Options
  • 03-07-2018 7:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello. It's in the title, what is Carrick-On-Suir like to live in. There is a previous thread on this, but it's 10 years old now. So, any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

a few thousand live here and like it (myself included). Now not all areas are perfect, word on the street is that kickham st in particular is wild at night and not just on weekends, although having said that if I was still 20 I'd probably love to live there.

It doesn't have as much to offer as bigger towns in terms of shops but there's a few good indepently owned shops Bourkes menswear, Leonies, Meanys, Farrells supermarket (cheaper than big name supermarkets for many things and handy to just drop in if you only want 1 or 2 things.

there's a great community in Carrick, the business association are very active and some estates like Ballylynch have great residents committees and work hard to improve their area.

Advertisement