Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Eir

Options
  • 03-07-2018 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, my Eir contract ends on August 10th for Broadband, phone and Mobile 

I have queries about the 30 day notice for cancelling my contract. So Is this the case even after my contract is up? Or can I join my new providers without penalty on the 11th August? Or do I need to stay a further 30 days upon the end of that contract?

If this is the case, can I just give my 30 day notice next week on the 10th of July and again not incur any penalties like breaking my existing agreement.

I have heard of a few horror stories about leaving Eir, so I really need it to be clear as I want this to be as seamless as possible

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

R.F. wrote: »
    Hi folks, my Eir contract ends on August 10th for Broadband, phone and Mobile 

I have queries about the 30 day notice for cancelling my contract. So Is this the case even after my contract is up? Or can I join my new providers without penalty on the 11th August? Or do I need to stay a further 30 days upon the end of that contract?

If this is the case, can I just give my 30 day notice next week on the 10th of July and again not incur any penalties like breaking my existing agreement.

I have heard of a few horror stories about leaving Eir, so I really need it to be clear as I want this to be as seamless as possible

Thanks
    Hi R.F, 

You can apply to cancel the account 30 days before your contract end date so when the contract end date is up you can then move if you wish.  The cancellation team on 1901 can process this and advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Thanks Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

R.F. wrote: »
    Thanks Tracey
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement