Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good place for patio slabs

Options
  • 03-07-2018 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was wondering could someone recommend a good place to get patio slabs. I'm looking to get a sandstone bright colour for my patio area. I already have that crazy paving down but hated it from day 1 most them are loose too.

Just looking for somewhere with a good selection & reasonable prices.

Oh I live in Kildare but travel to Dublin (southside) regularly for work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mwalsh7

http://www.thepatiocentre.com/

Cabinteely Patio Centre. Got some stuff off them recently and very well priced.

I just got some granite from Forge Paving Centre in Kells (free delivery in general, i think, no matter where you are). I found them very reasonable to deal with. As in, by far the cheapest I could find, anywhere. And the product was grand. Wasn't a 'get what you pay for' kinda thing. Seemed to be the same as other slabs I was looking at (which was odd, but there you go).

i know nothing of the world of paving though, so they could be completely ****e.. but i like them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ak84

I got some Indian lime stone slabs from the M50 paving centre. Great price and knowledgeable staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

You mention that you travel to Dublin; this will be irrelevant, as you will need a seriously heavy duty car if you are thinking of transporting them yourself. Best get them somewhere not too far from home, as they will have to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭benny79

I can get a lend of a van dont have much of an area to cover but yes my car wouldn't be big enough.

• Advertisement

Is € 600 a good price for 19 sq yds of mint sandstone plus border & the circle pattern for the centre & the special cement for pointing them can anyone tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭standardg60

If you're getting a pre cut circle (I assume circa 2.4m diam) plus 19yds paving plus grout I would say that's pretty good.

If you're getting a pre cut circle (I assume circa 2.4m diam) plus 19yds paving plus grout I would say that's pretty good.

The circle is included in the 19yds.. so I think 10/11 metres + Circle + border + grout and if im short he will sort me out foc.. As my mate putting it down knows him.

Cheers. I was comparing it in my head to tiles but obviously stone is dearer..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭standardg60

Circles are normally about 300, 10 mtrs paving 250, grout about 70 for 20 mtrs so all in not bad at all.

Cheers man.. Yeah he did say the grout was dear and I needed 2 bags.. plus its good stuff as its much better than the old grout!

• Advertisement
Advertisement