Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircode complaint!

Options
  • 03-07-2018 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've been living in a newly built house since 8th of May the Address was registered for Eircode with An post 3 times, Once by the developer, once by me and once by my wife. We have been pushing to get our eircode from them ever since, always getting the same nonsense response about eircodes only being updated every quarter (first warning bell going off), but ok fine... not long to wait as it should still be early enough to be added to june/july period list of eircodes to update.
    Then i get told a week ago that An post has forwarded necessary details to Eir to be updated but that because there wasn't enough people in the estate yet the eircode will be pushed out to the next period! What Bull$#!t is that!

I have been living without any services that others take for granted since 8th of may! I can't phone, tv, broadband, postal deliveries are a nightmare and until recently was also struggling to get my bins collected!

I find the lack of regard for my urgency pathetic and the fact that it takes 3 months to update a database with my details and to link it to an eircode screams "3rd world" to me! But to be told that the company responsible for putting me on the map (literally) wasn't bothered because there weren't enough people!?!?! The backwards thinking and poor attitude to peoples living conditions caused by absurd delays in being allocated an eircode is ridiculous. whoever is responsible for the way eircodes are assigned and registered should be ashamed of themselves! Eir as a company should do more, A LOT MORE, supportive and pull their fingers out of their arses to get me my eircode! The fact that i have no choice but to wait for my eircode regardless of my desperation and the unlikelihood of any miracles being performed enrages me even more! the people responsible for eircodes being assigned are seriously taking the piss! However should anyone from Eir reading this have a workaround to give me an eircode so i can rejoin civilized society please PM me so i can start living my life again.

This type of "issue" should not be happening, I think its about time you did something to fix it because its not going to fix itself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You know eircodes are nothing to do with eir, (the phone/broadband company) right?

Eircodes are assigned to all active postal address information contained in the data provided to us by An Post GeoDirectory. These postal addresses are captured by An Post and provided to Eircode on a quarterly basis. Once notified of a new postal address it takes approximately one month to assign an Eircode. Please note we cannot assign an Eircode without being notified of the postal address by An Post GeoDirectory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

https://www.eircode.ie/contact
    Customer Care
    hello@eircode.ie
    0818 300 005
    +353 1 901 2232

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ZA2IE

So then who is it to do with so i can go complain to them. Because An post says i most got to Eir. Eir tells me it's An Post. Between the 2 of them someone has to be responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

eir = phone/broadband company
    Eircode = post code system for Ireland

No cross-over between the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

I don't think that Eir have got anything to do with the implementation of Eircode!

Eircode is the responsibility of the Department of Communications and Various Other Stuff*.  The responsible Minister is Denis Naughten.  So maybe you should contact the Department - or get your local TD to ask them why this is happening.

* The Department's website states that "Eircode is Ireland's National Postcode System. Capita Business Support Services Ireland, trading as Eircode, was awarded a 10 year contract in December 2013. The contract is to develop, implement, maintain and promote the use of the National Postcode System'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Eir got nothing to do with Eircode OP :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

ZA2IE wrote: »
    I've been living in a newly built house since 8th of May the Address was registered for Eircode with An post 3 times, Once by the developer, once by me and once by my wife. We have been pushing to get our eircode from them ever since, always getting the same nonsense response about eircodes only being updated every quarter (first warning bell going off), but ok fine... not long to wait as it should still be early enough to be added to june/july period list of eircodes to update.
    Then i get told a week ago that An post has forwarded necessary details to Eir to be updated but that because there wasn't enough people in the estate yet the eircode will be pushed out to the next period! What Bull$#!t is that!

I have been living without any services that others take for granted since 8th of may! I can't phone, tv, broadband, postal deliveries are a nightmare and until recently was also struggling to get my bins collected!

I find the lack of regard for my urgency pathetic and the fact that it takes 3 months to update a database with my details and to link it to an eircode screams "3rd world" to me! But to be told that the company responsible for putting me on the map (literally) wasn't bothered because there weren't enough people!?!?! The backwards thinking and poor attitude to peoples living conditions caused by absurd delays in being allocated an eircode is ridiculous. whoever is responsible for the way eircodes are assigned and registered should be ashamed of themselves! Eir as a company should do more, A LOT MORE, supportive and pull their fingers out of their arses to get me my eircode! The fact that i have no choice but to wait for my eircode regardless of my desperation and the unlikelihood of any miracles being performed enrages me even more! the people responsible for eircodes being assigned are seriously taking the piss! However should anyone from Eir reading this have a workaround to give me an eircode so i can rejoin civilized society please PM me so i can start living my life again.

This type of "issue" should not be happening, I think its about time you did something to fix it because its not going to fix itself.
    Hi ZA2IE, 

I'm afraid eir are not responsible for assigning Eircodes to addresses. 

If you PM me your full address I can check to see if it is in our address system for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Surely this has got to be a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭D3V!L

RossieMan wrote: »
    Surely this has got to be a troll.
    Likely not,  some people are that ill-informed. 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Been you can't apply for an eircode with an post, and the OP says he's done it 3 times with them.

An post wouldn't send them to eir.

This thread is a troll. 100%.

• Advertisement
Advertisement