Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the next step for my FTTH install

Options
  • 03-07-2018 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

A month ago I had Eir reps at my door to let me know fibre to the home is now available at my house. I signed up and was told it would be setup and running in under two weeks.

Since then I have had 3 KN engineers call to me house, on 3 separate weeks.
    The first came out at 16:30 and said it's too late, so he left again.
    The next Said the pole is too dangerous and he would need a hoist.
    The last guys came out and was really confused about why a hoist was ordered. He climbed the pole and came back in 10 minutes. He said he was all set to install except the fibre was not completely connected yet.

My Eircode shows my address as being ready.

Why was I sold a product that was not available yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

tuxy wrote: »
    A month ago I had Eir reps at my door to let me know fibre to the home is now available at my house. I signed up and was told it would be setup and running in under two weeks.

The last guys came out and was really confused about why a hoist was ordered. He climbed the pole and came back in 10 minutes. He said he was all set to install except the fibre was not completely connected yet.

Hi tuxy, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your order. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll look into this and clarify it for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Thanks for your PM.

I am trying to PM you back, however, I'm getting an error message advising you have exceeded your messages. Can you delete some and let me know through PM's so I can get back to you, please.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Sorry about that, I've just cleared some space now. 

Sorry about that, I've just cleared some space now. 
    No problem at all. 

I've PM'd you back there now.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Hi again,
    I was told that the fibre would go live a week after I last contacted you and since that both Eir and Kn stopped contacting me.
    I'm not the account holder but would it be ok if the account holder used my boards account to send you a message to get an update?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi again,
    I was told that the fibre would go live a week after I last contacted you and since that both Eir and Kn stopped contacting me.
    I'm not the account holder but would it be ok if the account holder used my boards account to send you a message to get an update?
    Hi there tuxy

You're more than welcome to get the account holder to contact us here but has to have his/her own Boards account before we can proceed.

-Kyle

Advertisement