Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2019

Options
  • 03-07-2018 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

So tested yesterday evening and a faint line appeared. Went digital just now and it’s confirmed “pregnant 1-2 weeks”.
    This will be our third baby- have a little girl who will be 4 in September and a boy who was 2 at the end of May.
    Happy of course with my test. Also part of my brain is going “what have you done!”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alicelynch28

Hi,

Congrats - I am due in March 2019 also!!

Yesterday I did another pregnancy test (just cuz i had another one lying around from before when doctor confirmed my pregnancy)

The positive line showed up quicker and darker than the control line.

The positive line actually came up about 10 secs before the control line...

Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Hi,

Congrats - I am due in March 2019 also!!

Yesterday I did another pregnancy test (just cuz i had another one lying around from before when doctor confirmed my pregnancy)

The positive line showed up quicker and darker than the control line.

The positive line actually came up about 10 secs before the control line...

Is this normal?

The window for the positive line comes before the control line so the urine hits it first. It makes sense to me especially if you’re a day or more past when your period was due.
    Congratulations by the way. Is this your first pregnancy? Hope you’re feeling well.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

congrats. im 5 weeks and over the moon ��

The window for the positive line comes before the control line so the urine hits it first. It makes sense to me especially if you’re a day or more past when your period was due.
    Congratulations by the way. Is this your first pregnancy? Hope you’re feeling well.

Yep its my first... I'm a bit worried because other than sore boobs I have no symptoms, and I actually have a bit of insomnia at night...

Yep its my first... I'm a bit worried because other than sore boobs I have no symptoms, and I actually have a bit of insomnia at night...

Insomnia is a symptom. I’ve had it with both of my earlier pregnancies and it’s there again this time.
    You might just not have a lot of pregnancy symtoms and breeze through it on that front. Other than some nausea and SPD on my First it was the most straightforward of pregnancies.
    On my second I threw up at least twice a day every day until he was born.

Re: the symptoms when you hit week 12/14 they’ll all just disappear. I found it a little alarming first time around as all of a sudden I didn’t feel pregnant any more. Things just get easier then as the placenta is developed and in place and a your body is no longer growing a baby and a new organ to mind it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Due March 22nd! Selfish as it sounds, I am really missing my glass of shiraz in the evening! :P

Any thoughts on the differences between private and public cover?

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the differences between private and public cover?

I went semi private on my first and it gave me shorter waiting times at the clinic and a mini scan each time too. I didn’t always see the same doctor though. My labour and delivery was fine and managed superbly with a midwife all the way through. She was excellent.
    I did however have issues with delivering the placenta and a junior doctor was called in to assist with that. It ended up being more complicated that it should have and I think if a consultant had been on hand (or the junior doc actually listened to the midwife) it wouldn’t have turned out that way.
    I went fully private for my second Baby and never regretted it for a second. I have rheumatoid arthritis too which can make (thankfully hasn’t for me but it’s a real possibility) pregnancy more difficult and higher risk and so wanted to have the comfort of having the same doctor all of the way through.
    Things got exciting and complicated towards the end of that pregnancy and having that consultant at the other end of the phone any time of the day or night was a life saver.
    This time I’m going back to her again.

BTW- I am the exception to the rule when it comes to pregnancies- almost everyone makes it through without anything like the dramas I seem to attract. I don’t want to scare anyone especially going through their first.
    We are all amazing strong brave women who will have strong healthy babies I’m sure of it.

I went semi private on my first and it gave me shorter waiting times at the clinic and a mini scan each time too. I didn’t always see the same doctor though. My labour and delivery was fine and managed superbly with a midwife all the way through. She was excellent.
    I did however have issues with delivering the placenta and a junior doctor was called in to assist with that. It ended up being more complicated that it should have and I think if a consultant had been on hand (or the junior doc actually listened to the midwife) it wouldn’t have turned out that way.
    I went fully private for my second Baby and never regretted it for a second. I have rheumatoid arthritis too which can make (thankfully hasn’t for me but it’s a real possibility) pregnancy more difficult and higher risk and so wanted to have the comfort of having the same doctor all of the way through.
    Things got exciting and complicated towards the end of that pregnancy and having that consultant at the other end of the phone any time of the day or night was a life saver.
    This time I’m going back to her again.

BTW- I am the exception to the rule when it comes to pregnancies- almost everyone makes it through without anything like the dramas I seem to attract. I don’t want to scare anyone especially going through their first.
    We are all amazing strong brave women who will have strong healthy babies I’m sure of it.

Thanks for sharing! :) I am totally in 2 minds about it. As it is my first and I am nervous, I would like to go private, but I find I can't justify the money when we are trying to build an extension and save up for the inevitable baby costs :P I like the look of the midwife led care

http://www.nmh.ie/maternity-care-options/patient-category-options.235.html

There is just so much to organize!

Thanks for sharing! :) I am totally in 2 minds about it. As it is my first and I am nervous, I would like to go private, but I find I can't justify the money when we are trying to build an extension and save up for the inevitable baby costs :P I like the look of the midwife led care

http://www.nmh.ie/maternity-care-options/patient-category-options.235.html

There is just so much to organize!

You seem so relaxed (which is great). I can't seem to relax and just enjoy being pregnant.

I am booked for a scan (to hear babys heartbeat) in 3 weeks - I will be 9 weeks and 3 days gone then... but I am so afraid I will get bad news...

I'm terrified something will go wrong, and I am not usually an anxious person

• Advertisement

You seem so relaxed (which is great). I can't seem to relax and just enjoy being pregnant.

I am booked for a scan (to hear babys heartbeat) in 3 weeks - I will be 9 weeks and 3 days gone then... but I am so afraid I will get bad news...

I'm terrified something will go wrong, and I am not usually an anxious person

I have those fears too. Every time I go for a wee I am checking :( And the cramps early on freaked me out so much. I didn't know they were normal and feared the worst. I'm also worried I might have done damage as I had a fairly heavy drinking session a few weeks ago (I think it was the day my period was due, and I tested and got 2 negatives so thought I was ok, then got 2 positives several days later). Hoping no damage was done :(

Good luck with your scan - your little bubba is a week ahead of mine I think! :)

I think when you have your scan and see the little one it’s easier to relax. Enjoy this time, it really is very special. Subsequent pregnancies are too of course but I remember being so amazed at what my body was doing all of the time on my first. You have lots more time to take it easy when needed and enjoy the journey than is possible on any further ones when you have kids in tow.
    I’d also say enjoy the experience with your husband / partner. We went away on lots of little baby moons and had a great time. No way we can do that now with two little ones running around so I’m really glad we did it the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 missymunchkin

I’m due March 27th. First and only is 8 years old now. Fairly nervous as first pregnancy was filled with trauma with dc having a medical issue. All resolved now. Feel like it’s the first time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have those fears too. Every time I go for a wee I am checking :( And the cramps early on freaked me out so much. I didn't know they were normal and feared the worst. I'm also worried I might have done damage as I had a fairly heavy drinking session a few weeks ago (I think it was the day my period was due, and I tested and got 2 negatives so thought I was ok, then got 2 positives several days later). Hoping no damage was done :(

Good luck with your scan - your little bubba is a week ahead of mine I think! :)

I didn't find out until 7 weeks with my first - there was a boozy weekend in Paris, my niece's christening and the inlaws visiting, also two triathlons and an open water swim between conception and a positive test. Blob is now 2 and 4 months and a healthy, happy growing boy.

I am thinking of booking an early scan to hear baby's heartbeat - if I book the scan for 8 weeks and 2 days (which is 2 weeks from now) should a heartbeat be able to be heard if everything is going okay?

I don't want to get in there and find out they can't find one and then freak myself out.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

I am thinking of booking an early scan to hear baby's heartbeat - if I book the scan for 8 weeks and 2 days (which is 2 weeks from now) should a heartbeat be able to be heard if everything is going okay?

I don't want to get in there and find out they can't find one and then freak myself out.

Thanks

I had my first scan at 8 weeks (28 weeks now) and we could hear the heartbeat. I think it's from around 6/7 weeks that there's a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sillysuz

Due March 31st very early days so keeping the fingers crossed. Had a miscarriage in May at 8 weeks so nervous until we have the 1st early scan..

sillysuz wrote: »
    Due March 31st very early days so keeping the fingers crossed. Had a miscarriage in May at 8 weeks so nervous until we have the 1st early scan..

Congratulations. I had a miscarriage between my daughter and son. It was somewhere between 9-11 weeks that it happened at. It’s harder after that as you keep waiting for your scans. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you this time around.

Congratulations. I had a miscarriage between my daughter and son. It was somewhere between 9-11 weeks that it happened at. It’s harder after that as you keep waiting for your scans. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you this time around.

So sorry to hear you went through this.

Is it safe to say that the majority of women will miscarry at some stage in their lives?

I am not really too knowledgeable on the subject. I am first of friends or family to fall pregnant. I am learning new things about pregnancy every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sillysuz

Thanks for your message, booked in for my early assessment today so going to continue on as normal until then. It wasn't until I has a miscarriage that I found out how common they are. The body knows when the time is right I suppose.

• Advertisement

Miscarriages happen so often, doesn’t make it easy though.
    I have my first consultant appointment today and will get my first glimpse at the baby. Have been dying for this day!

Miscarriages happen so often, doesn’t make it easy though.
    I have my first consultant appointment today and will get my first glimpse at the baby. Have been dying for this day!

I really hope all goes well for you. Best of luck 🙂

So sorry to hear you went through this.

Is it safe to say that the majority of women will miscarry at some stage in their lives?

I am not really too knowledgeable on the subject. I am first of friends or family to fall pregnant. I am learning new things about pregnancy every day.
    sillysuz wrote: »
    Thanks for your message, booked in for my early assessment today so going to continue on as normal until then. It wasn't until I has a miscarriage that I found out how common they are. The body knows when the time is right I suppose.
    I really hope all goes well for you. Best of luck ��

Thank you. I’ve been full of early pregnancy symptoms (comedy boobs , exhaustion, nausea, breathlessness, food aversions, etc) so I’m hopeful that they all point to a little foetus that is strong and fingers crossed healthy.
    I’m going to book in for the Harmony test too once I hit 10 weeks and then I’ll have a better idea of what’s ahead of me.

Everything went well today at my appointment. Even the dates tallied with my own! Booked the Harmony test for August 14th.
    They do it in the Coombe now for anyone who is interested. Last time around for me the options were all private clinics.

Everything went well today at my appointment. Even the dates tallied with my own! Booked the Harmony test for August 14th.
    They do it in the Coombe now for anyone who is interested. Last time around for me the options were all private clinics.

Delighted to hear that all went well and that your buba is doing well! Great news

When are you due?

Delighted to hear that all went well and that your buba is doing well! Great news

When are you due?

March 9th.
    I’ve yet to make it to 38 weeks on any pregnancy though.
    My daughter arrived at 36 - waters broke one Monday morning and she arrived just before midnight that day.
    My son had to be delivered at 37 because of my meningitis. Had been booked in for an induction anyway so he’d have been born that same week regardless.
    I’d be shocked if I go all the way this time.

great to hear good news. alwsys a relief. im anxiously awsiting my apt. hoping for 8 week scan otherwise its 12 weeks.

margo321 wrote: »
    great to hear good news. alwsys a relief. im anxiously awsiting my apt. hoping for 8 week scan otherwise its 12 weeks.

It always seems like an age. I’m going fully private and just asked for an early scan and got the appointment no hassle.

It always seems like an age. I’m going fully private and just asked for an early scan and got the appointment no hassle.

im going public but tge nurse said if i dont get 8 week scan apt i can book a private one. wait and see.

• Advertisement

margo321 wrote: »
    im going public but tge nurse said if i dont get 8 week scan apt i can book a private one. wait and see.

Fingers crossed you’ll get it. At least if it doesn’t happen you know there are many options to book it privately.
    What hospital are you going to?

Advertisement