Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

pp1401 wrote: »
    Can I ask what is a harmony test/scan?

It’s a blood test and scan that diagnoses Downs, Edwards or Patau Syndrome.
    It also involves a detailed scan and can be carried out from 10 weeks +2 days.
    I had it with my last pregnancy and found it great to know that the baby was healthy (in so far as the test confirmed- it’s close to 99%). This time around I’ll hage it again for those reasons and also my age- I’m 41.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 missymunchkin

Went into a&e the other night. Was having severe pain and symptoms of pregnancy were non existent. An abdominal scan and transvaginal scan were done but they couldn’t see a pregnancy so they did bloods and sent me home saying to come in if pain got worse or I bled. Then booked me in for more bloods 48 hours later.
    EPU rang me the next morning and told me to come in the next morning. I was so upset but went in. To the shock of us all they found the bean , hiding but with a beating heart 😳 couldn’t believe it. Spent the day before so distraught 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

Went into a&e the other night. Was having severe pain and symptoms of pregnancy were non existent. An abdominal scan and transvaginal scan were done but they couldn’t see a pregnancy so they did bloods and sent me home saying to come in if pain got worse or I bled. Then booked me in for more bloods 48 hours later.
    EPU rang me the next morning and told me to come in the next morning. I was so upset but went in. To the shock of us all they found the bean , hiding but with a beating heart 😳 couldn’t believe it. Spent the day before so distraught 😬
    you poor thing. rough going. glad all is well

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alicelynch28

Need a bit of advice ladies (and I do apologise if it is tmi)

I went for 8 weeks scan last Thursday and straight away they found my baba - healthy strong heartbeat at 173 (thank god)

Today I noticed a bit of yellow discharge in my pants - no itching, no pain, no smell... it just appeared!

Am away at the moment so can't get to my doctor...

Has anyone else had this? Is it normal?

Sorry again for being graphic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Today I noticed a bit of yellow discharge in my pants - no itching, no pain, no smell... it just appeared!

Jumping in from Oct thread to say yes had so much of this and it's totally normal.. I have to wear panty liners all day every day, and always get a big gush of discharge first thing in the morning. They'll be testing your bloods for all kinds of infections at your booking appointment, mine were all clear yet have had this colour discharge regularly throughout.

Fantastic that you saw baby so quickly at your early scan and such a strong heartbeat, great reassurance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 emmajane_k

Need a bit of advice ladies (and I do apologise if it is tmi)

I went for 8 weeks scan last Thursday and straight away they found my baba - healthy strong heartbeat at 173 (thank god)

Am away at the moment so can't get to my doctor...

Has anyone else had this? Is it normal?

Sorry again for being graphic

I had similar and doctor assured me it was normal, so long as there is no bad/fishy smell and it is smooth in texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Beanie5

Hi All,

Is anyone else having terrible morning sickness that keeps coming and going?

Last Thursday/Friday I was starting to feel good again and convinced I was finished with it but it came back with a bang Saturday and has been getting worse again since. I'm 11 weeks. I shouldn't complain but it's all day every day constant nausea and vomiting. I've lost so much weight so far it's hard get excited.

Hoping this is just the last hormone surge, anyone else?

Beanie5 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Is anyone else having terrible morning sickness that keeps coming and going?

Last Thursday/Friday I was starting to feel good again and convinced I was finished with it but it came back with a bang Saturday and has been getting worse again since. I'm 11 weeks. I shouldn't complain but it's all day every day constant nausea and vomiting. I've lost so much weight so far it's hard get excited.

Hoping this is just the last hormone surge, anyone else?
    I spent 30 weeks of my 37 week pregnancy throwing up. It was rotten and I ended up with a -2kg weight gain at the end of it. Baby still weighed in at a healthy 3.22kg though.
    Apparently weeks 10-12 can be the worst of all for nausea/ morning sickness. I lived on raw cashew nuts, oranges and toast. Hopefully things will improve for you soon. It really is tough.

Can anyone answer this please?

If you hear at heartbeat at 8 weeks does that lower your chances of miscarriage?

Last week i had an early scan (8 weeks) and had a heartbeat of 173, which sonographer said is good and strong... so does this mean my chances of miscarriage are lower now? Or should I still be worried?

I was at my brothers wedding at the weekend and was dancing for ages so am worried I may have done damage?

Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

From my experience you need a GP referral or a referral from the hospital's a&e to get an epu apptmt.
    But you managed to book an appointment anyway??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Well fair enough!That was my experience in the rotunda but if you have an appointment, take it!

Hi guys,

I had a private scan done the other day (at 11 weeks & 1 day pregnant) - baby's heart rate was 163, is this normal?

I am 12 weeks pregnant on Monday but am still freaking out about miscarriage... though I heard that after hearing a heartbeat and reaching 12 weeks your risk of miscarriage drops dramatically? Is this true?

My baby was also moving around like crazy and waving his/her little arms during the scan...

It's my first baby so I don't really know whats normal and whats not, it's all so overwhelming!! I also suffer with anxiety, which doesn't help...

I had a scan done at 8 weeks too and heart rate was 173 at the time - so it's gone down from 173 - 163 in 3 weeks.... does this sound right?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

I'm 33 weeks now but back in the beginning at used to look at this website almost everyday to see my chance of miscarriage decreasing. I found it reassuring.

https://datayze.com/miscarriage-chart.php

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

+ 1 for the thread.
    We had a private scan yesterday (just short of 11 weeks) for our own peace of mind, we had thought it was 10 but the Mrs. was a few days off on her count. We lost the first pregnancy at 9 weeks so we were extremely anxious and nervous.

I've never known a feeling like it!

12 week scan yesterday (13 weeks really).
    Onwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 emmajane_k

razorblunt wrote: »
    12 week scan yesterday (13 weeks really).
    Onwards!

Congratulations, there is nothing like that feeling of relief when you see them bouncing around in there.

I am 15 weeks and feeling some pretty serious stabbing pains on one side of my groin/uterus. Feels different to the usual stretching niggles, and it is more constant. Anyone else?

Counting the days until our next scan.

Thank you, that's definitely true.

Checked with the Mrs on those pains, no reports of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

emmajane_k wrote: »
    Congratulations, there is nothing like that feeling of relief when you see them bouncing around in there.

I am 15 weeks and feeling some pretty serious stabbing pains on one side of my groin/uterus. Feels different to the usual stretching niggles, and it is more constant. Anyone else?

Counting the days until our next scan.

Went into Holles Street with this the other day as panicked was so bad (and I’m a first time mammy of a rainbow baby) All ok anddoctor said round ligament pain (I was 16 weeks the day it happened). Said paracetamol and heat helps

Hi all,

Tomorrow I will be 16 weeks pregnant (my first pregnancy) and I am worried because I don't really feel pregnant...

I had a scan at 12 weeks and everything was perfect (a healthy heartbeat and growing bang on to match dates) but am now scared because I don't have any visible bump yet and I haven't felt any movement yet...

I also never really had any strong pregnancy symptoms - even during my first trimester, so feel a little bit in limbo

The placenta is behind the baby so MW said I may start feeling movement a little sooner than if it was in front of baby but still, nothing...

Is it normal to have no bump and feel no movement at 16 weeks? Should I book another private scan?

Please let me know what you think - all advice is much appreciated

Thanks a mill

The wife is 15 weeks this week and the baby is only the size of a lemon, surely you wouldn't feel any movement at all in that regard?
    She is only showing a slight hint of a bump, not that distinguishable from a dinner heavy on pasta!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Hi!

I felt movement with my girl right on the cusp of 15/16 weeks, but that was awfully early. If I were you I wouldn't worry about not feeling any movement just yet. It's normal not to feel anything right up to 22/24 weeks. And there are so many variables as to how and when you feel movement.

When I felt the movement it didnt feel like any descriptions I had read about, twas like a slippery fish rubbing against my insides. How much you feel will also depend on what was baby is lying as well. And don't forget that they still have loads of room to move about inside.

As for the bump or lack of so far, it sure is. I started showing around 14/15 weeks with my girl, but I was overweight getting pregnant and have a natural pot Belly so I was always going to show early. And even though I was showing, I didn't feel pregnant till closer to the 6 months mark, up till then I just felt fat!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hi all,

Tomorrow I will be 16 weeks pregnant (my first pregnancy) and I am worried because I don't really feel pregnant...

I had a scan at 12 weeks and everything was perfect (a healthy heartbeat and growing bang on to match dates) but am now scared because I don't have any visible bump yet and I haven't felt any movement yet...

I also never really had any strong pregnancy symptoms - even during my first trimester, so feel a little bit in limbo

The placenta is behind the baby so MW said I may start feeling movement a little sooner than if it was in front of baby but still, nothing...

Is it normal to have no bump and feel no movement at 16 weeks? Should I book another private scan?

Please let me know what you think - all advice is much appreciated

Thanks a mill

I never had any pregnancy symptoms, I was showing though by 16 weeks even though it could still be hidden by clothes, but that's because my bump was all front, even right up until the end. We all carry differently so some women don't get big and some do. Also first movement for me was felt around 18 weeks.

At this stage you should be able to hear the heartbeat with a doppler so could you ask your midwife or GP to have a listen?

I’m 18 weeks in my third and have been able to feel slight movements (like popcorn popping) only in the last week-10 days and it’s still not terribly regular or frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi all, going to join in here if I may please. Due date not until April but went early with my first so sort of expecting it again this time around which would bring me in to the March group.

Anyone else still feeling nausea? I had hardly any pregnancy symptoms with my first but wow how different it is this time. Feeling queasy a lot of the time and just completely wiped tired. I suppose not helped by having a 2 year old to mind!

Have also been diagnosed with gestational diabetes (had it on my first so they checked early for it this time). Struggling with food, almost everything seems to push up the blood sugars and adding in the nausea all I feel like eating is bland carbs - which are a no no.

Anyway, other than that all is good. Went public last time but due to complications at the birth (prem baby) the hospital consultant had to assist. Going to go public again this time as couldn't fault my care the last time - just hoping this little one will stay inside until much closer to the due date!

Hope everyone else is good, I'm looking forward to feeling the first kicks in a few weeks time, that was one of my favorite parts of being pregnant last time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kellymac28

Hey everyone, I am starting to get very anxious - I am 20 weeks pregnant today and still haven't really felt any proper movement. It's my first baby.

The last few days I have been feeling this 'flicking' or 'popping' sensation but I am not sure if that's the baby or if it's muscle twitches/gas. I have never felt it before, but it doesn't feel like the butterflies everyone talks about - it's more like a little flick or pop that happens below my bellybutton or around my pelvis every so often...

The midwife told me at dating scan that my placenta was behind the baby so that should make feeling kicks a little easier, still nothing!

Anyone else not feel their baby by 20 weeks? Should I be worried?

Thanks

kellymac28 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I am starting to get very anxious - I am 20 weeks pregnant today and still haven't really felt any proper movement. It's my first baby.

The last few days I have been feeling this 'flicking' or 'popping' sensation but I am not sure if that's the baby or if it's muscle twitches/gas. I have never felt it before, but it doesn't feel like the butterflies everyone talks about - it's more like a little flick or pop that happens below my bellybutton or around my pelvis every so often...

The midwife told me at dating scan that my placenta was behind the baby so that should make feeling kicks a little easier, still nothing!

Anyone else not feel their baby by 20 weeks? Should I be worried?

Thanks

I’ve always found that the earliest movements I could feeel were more like popcorn popping than a full on kick.
    My babies also responded to cold fizzy drinks (sparkling water works almost as well as kucozade etc if sugary or artificially sweetened drinks aren’t for you).
    As always if you’re in any way worried or concerned call your doctor and ask for a check up.
    Good luck.

The OH has mentioned she feels a "whoopsy" every now and then, she's 18 weeks this week.
    Starting to show just a little now too.

23 weeks yesterday and can hardly believe how quickly this pregnancy is flying. I am totally and utterly exhausted though. My two children have been sick off and on since September with ear infections and colds and the like and of course they’ve shared their germs with me too!
    I’m back with my obstetrician on the 20th and I’ll get her to sign my maternity leave forms then.
    Hope everyone else is doing well?

20 week scan done, it's a boy!
    Definitely mine as he's not shy in showing his todger! "Every Dad says that" the nurse told me!

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    20 week scan done, it's a boy!
    Definitely mine as he's not shy in showing his todger! "Every Dad says that" the nurse told me!

Congratulations! Maybe it’s a boy thing- when I had my anomaly scan on my last pregnancy my little boy kept flashing his bits. He was (still is) quite the exhibitionist.

Advertisement